Main Menu

Prog 1558 - Button Down!

Started by Leigh S, 08 October, 2007, 12:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

Postie may have failed me, but Nostalgia and Comics haven't!

Cabs finishes and Stone Island and ABC are finished next week.

Dredd and ABCs good (but a couple of missed oppos and clunkers in ABCs I felt), Cabs middling, Button Man not working for me, and Stone Island a good way down from there.

The Amstor Computer

Cabs finished? I assume that it's left open for at least one more run, as I can't see how it could be satisfactorily wrapped up in just 5-6 pages.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Its ended already? What happens, please tell all.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Leigh S

Its too spoilery to tell you details - Presumably theres more to come, as it certainly doesnt tie up al the loose ends... though DARE I say it, that hasnt stopped Tharg in the past...

Batman's Superior Cousin

Dammit, I have to wait for Wednesday now
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

COMMANDO FORCES

One thing that struck me with Dredd.
Why has Canada changed it's name to Canadia, does anyone know when this happened and why as it seems a bit odd to say the least.

Dark Jimbo

I was surprised to answer a knock on the door to find it was my faithful postie, doing his rounds as usual... but he had no prog. Bah!
@jamesfeistdraws

COMMANDO FORCES

Well done the the Postie SCAB who went to your house Dark Jimbo.

Dark Jimbo

I never thought of that, but I suppose he must be. I wouldn't have minded if he'd brought my prog - would have applauded him for it, in fact - but as he didn't, I fail to see the point of his coming. He might as well have had the day off.
@jamesfeistdraws

JOE SOAP

***One thing that struck me with Dredd.
Why has Canada changed it's name to Canadia, does anyone know when this happened and why as it seems a bit odd to say the least.***

Well you could ask that question of practically all the nation states of Dredd's world, why just Canadia?

COMMANDO FORCES

I just had a look at the world maps that I have and at no point on them does it show different names for countries. America is still America, etc....

The Adventurer

I have a pretty good hunch that we'll see at least enough follow up Cabs Inc. to fill another TP. That seems the most practical. Though I kinda hope it keeps going beyond that, it's a great strip that can do many things beyond these initial plot threads.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

I, Cosh

Inspired by The Watcher, I stopped off at FP on the way home and bagged myself a non-postie Prog. I think the other lad buying his Prog was a bit bemused by my tatty old cycling get-up.

I can't believe that's really it for Cabs..!
We never really die.

Dark Jimbo

I'm confident now that when Rennie said 'I'll be wrapping Cabs up in some form this year' what he meant was 'I'll be bringing to a conclusion most of the ongoing plot threads' rather than 'I won't be writing any more outings.'
@jamesfeistdraws

Roger Godpleton

Cover: A bit too dark, from a distance Adele's hair looks like some sort of Moomin. I'm glad that this is part of my comic collection now that I have paid for it though. Good Stuff.

Dredd: At last we see the old duffer's motivations, have we seen Freetown before? I strongly suspect that the purpose of this story is to push everything towards a major plot development but even out of context this is still better than everything else in the prog. Great Stuff.

Stone Island: Not a lot happens but still a reasonable read. The "twist" at the end is interesting and makes me want to read the ending to what has been thus far the worst story of 07. OK Stuff.

ABC: As that guy says this has too much of Pat's bizarre world view. There's stuff getting pwned but it's all in flashback. I will kill anyone (I REALLY WON'T) who describes Clint's art as outright bad but it's all too murky here. Perhaps it'll perk up once we're done with DL. OK Stuff.

Cab Inc: I was getting bored with this arc, so I hope that this comes back with out any baggage (I bet this isn't likely seeing how much Chapter & Verse have been sidelined). That said, it is interesting to see Jenny express sadness over Brand though. OK Stuff.

Button Man: Ok, we're starting to descend into B-Movie territory with that "Jesus Cheist, me freaking knackers" line. Oops, we've got some baddies who are so evil that THEY SHOOT A DOG, we've arrived. Can someone post that bit from Nemesis? Frazer's art is so beautiful that this could never be described as a bad story but it certainly doesn't live up to it's early promise. OK Stuff.

Droid Life: It used to be that the supply droids gag would take up the whole strip but it seems that Cat's found the best balance of text and pictures. I hope we get more like these as opposedd to the punfests that we sometimes get. Very Good Stuff.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!