Main Menu

Wail with JOY! Mark Russell does IDW mini-series

Started by Colin YNWA, 20 February, 2018, 08:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Those grumpy chuffs over at 'Everything comes back' do have their uses they have kindly pointed me in the direction of this news

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/judge-dredd-goes-under-siege-new-comic-book-series-1086387?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Anyone who has read Mark Russell's Flintstones, Prez or Snagglepuss will know he could and should be the perfect writer for a different but spot on Dredd. I'm genuinely chuffed by this and can't wait to see what he comes up with.

You should all be gnashing you chops in anticipation!

TordelBack

Yeah,  sounds good (Kidney Hut is in my kind of MC-1). Think I'm in for this one - my first IDW book since the excellent Rogue Trooper.

Jim_Campbell

I haven't seen any of his published work, but I worked on an unpublished book with artist Max Dunbar and he's pretty good. I could see him doing a decent job on this...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bolt-01

I saw this linked on ECBT too, Colin, and you beat me to the linkie. It sounds grand, and to hear from folk who've read other books by the writer sound interested I think I'll be picking this one up.

monkeygod

coincidentally, i just posted the (variant) cover for the first issue over in the Original Art thread :) i agree that Mark Russell seems a great fit for Mega City stories and it sounds like he's been working on the plot for a while, so hopefully it will be a good arc, if a bit short at only 4 issues.

https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=28546.msg979984#msg979984

Link Prime

Haven't read anything by this creative team (that I'm aware of), but will definitely be giving it a shot.

Link Prime

First issue of Judge Dredd: Under Siege lands next Wednesday, creeps.

https://www.idwpublishing.com/product/judge-dredd-under-siege-1/

Co-starring Beeny. I like that.

IndigoPrime

And then scroll down to:

QuoteYou may be interested in...

Having read them, very much no. (Actually, I didn't read all of them. I gave up halfway through Blessed Earth. It was just too much awful. Here's hoping Under Siege will be one of the rare decent IDW Dredd series, like Year One and the Mars Attacks crossover.

broodblik

IDW's track record on Dredd reads like a poor report card. Hopefully this is closer to 2000 AD Dredd.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 25 May, 2018, 04:03:25 PM
Here's hoping Under Siege will be one of the rare decent IDW Dredd series, like Year One and the Mars Attacks crossover.

Well, most of the mini-series have been good (in fact, I think as long as there's four issues they haven't put a foot wrong).

Bad City Blue

Issue 1 is a good read with very solid artwork.

Already an improvement on that shite where Dredd crossed over into an alternate wossname.
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Bolt-01

Yeah, it's pretty solid. It wears the influences from the 2012 fillum very openly, but overall it's worth the cost of entrance. The tease displayed in the Thrill-mail this week also shows that the art is lovely, too.

Pete Wells

I've just read the preview on the Thrillmail and this looks GREAT! I'm definitely going to buy this.