Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Bat King

Nice to see the UK release date!!! Most stuff online has the US date on it.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

JOE SOAP

JOE SOAP

Stan

YEEAAAH!

Can't quite figure out what's going on at the end but that's a great TV spot.

PreacherCain

Nice clip. Still using that awful song though  :o

Apestrife

Great to see Anderson fighting for a second, looks great. The way they cut it in the first trailer made it look a bit strange (like if she got to pull free punches all over) and made me a bit worried.

Apestrife

I'v made a push at the local cinema that they should show it. Told them all about the love put into it (For example the Judge Minty tribute) and so on. I compared the gore to robocop, and it sounded like if it wasn't a problem.

The release date in sweden is in october, so hopefully the movie gains enough speed till then to become something people want to see :)

TordelBack

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  While it's a thrill to see Proper Dredd on the telly, I didn't really care for the content, too much of the 'contemporary' look on show, and the editing on the mashed-up monologuing meant it came across way cheesier than anything we've seen so far would suggest.

The Spaghetti Junction overhead was nice, don't think I've seen that bit before, and it's always good to get broader 2000AD references in.  'Try to get your head up, Skizz...'.

radiator

Quotetoo much of the 'contemporary' look on show

QuoteStill using that awful song

Quotethe editing on the mashed-up monologuing meant it came across way cheesier than anything we've seen so far would suggest

This trailer isn't for the fans - it's to sell the film to the average punter. Remember that the filmmakers themselves probably have little to no input on the marketing of it.

The shrill, tinny warbling of Elly Jackson isn't what I would have used to soundtrack a Dredd trailer - especially considering that the actual film's soundtrack is getting a lot of praise and attention - but then I'm not a film marketeer. Fingers crossed they know what they're doing... Personally I would have put a lot more focus on Anderson's story in the trailers.

A friend of mine - an old school Dredd fan who has been ambivelant about the new movie since it was announced actually cited the La Roux tack and the cheesy (out of context) dialogue as causes for concern.

MR. ELIMINATOR

I like the voice over for the 'Dredd 3D' bit. They should get him to do a full trailer.

radiator

The short "This is Ma Ma" clip is great - there were people on facebook saying it looked very setbound, like the original Total Recall*, which to me is bonkers - that place is unmistakably a real location - and you can tell because it's bloody HUGE! I remember someone posted on IMDB many months ago, claiming to have seen some of the film at a screening, and he said that the locations were really big and impressive - turns out he was right.

*some of which was actually shot in real locations.

JOE SOAP

At least they're selling it as a Judge Dredd film: says his name, his infamous epithet, then the city. I think it hits all the beats to sell it as what it is to a broad audience without referring to that film. We'll be getting another trailer and an Anderson-centric TV spot soon enough.

Goaty

It's going well, does it? With TV adverts and new Bus Stop/billboards posters and word of mouths, looking forward to it in two weeks!

Mardroid

Apart from the "Yeaahhhh" bit, I thought that worked pretty well.

And I liked the sound track too.