Main Menu

Wiki Beta, or how I learned to stop worrying and love the community

Started by VinceBot, 19 January, 2010, 04:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Deever

Quote from: VinceBot
Finally..

Don't get angry or moan about other peoples utilisation of the Wiki - its a collaborative effort and anyone can edit it, including you. If you spot claring mistakes, feel free to change them.

Be civil, be patient, and report any problems you can't fix yourself.

That would be 'glaring mistakes', yeah?
:D
You did ask!
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

w3bz

Quote from: Dog Deever on 19 January, 2010, 07:55:44 PM
Quote from: VinceBot
Finally..

Don't get angry or moan about other peoples utilisation of the Wiki - its a collaborative effort and anyone can edit it, including you. If you spot claring mistakes, feel free to change them.

Be civil, be patient, and report any problems you can't fix yourself.

That would be 'glaring mistakes', yeah?
:D
You did ask!

*cough* - haha  :lol:

Dandontdare

WHERE ARE THE PRESENTS?  >:(

I feel misled by that banner. And no, the satisfaction of helping the community is NOT a present. Money, cakes and alcohol are presents.

Steve Green

Just waiting for Robin to bring the madness of timelines and continuity... :)

The Enigmatic Dr X

Personally, I'm looking forward to the entry regarding the population of MC-1.
Lock up your spoons!

VinceBot

Not sure about the login loop, when you go back to the wiki try pressing ctrl-f5, or shift-f5 to force a refresh.

I'll take a look at it tomorrow morning, and hopefully I can fix it in a better way.

House of Usher

This sounds brilliant. But until retirement, the older I get the more responsibilities and the less free time. and I don't even have kids!
:lol:

I will have a go at this one day. I had plenty of wiki practice on Uncyclopaedia back when I had an office job that gave me unrealistic objectives and unlimited internet access, unlike the office job I have now.
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Pete Wells

Gah, it's hard enough trying to do a blog entry a week! I'll be happy to help out though in those scant few minutes I get to myself each month...

pauljholden

Any chance of there being page counts added to the series templates - eg

http://wiki.2000adonline.com/index.php/A_Bullet_In_The_Head - I'd like to add the total number of pages for each episode...

-pj
(Yes, this is nerdy, I'm sorry)

VinceBot

It's already in there - edit the page and you'll find

| Part_1_Pages       =

Part is synonymous with episode.

pauljholden

W. R. Logan

just hit random page and got took to Meg 219 with a cover image of Prog 219.

VinceBot

D'oh. Looks like the import didn't add a prefix to the numbered issues and Progs have overwritten Megs.

I'll see if I can do a batch update of the Megs.

Dan Kelly

Don't seem to be able to login - just dumps me back here and when I return to the Wiki still need to login.

On Safari if that helps...