Main Menu

Wiki Beta, or how I learned to stop worrying and love the community

Started by VinceBot, 19 January, 2010, 04:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljholden

Try logging out of the 2000AD website and then logging back in. Worked for me (also on safari)

-pj

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Mike Carroll

Hi Vincebot,

Loving this so far! But is there a proper way to link back from a story to the prog (or meg) in which it appears?

- Mike

VinceBot

There's no way set up to link back from a particular episode to a particular prog, however under a story (such as A Bullet In The Head) you'll notice on the right hand side in the InfoBox is a "Featured in - X Publications" link, which bring up a category showing each publication the story has featured in.. which I hope fully include any reprits of that story, too.

If you need to link to/from a story/publication for any reason, just use a regular link.

Mike Carroll

Grant Goggans

One of the many reasons this is great is that I've been wanting to unload Touched By the Hand of Tharg for some months now - the inability to get progs last year was a big factor, and now I can simply copy over everything (slowly!) and add a little code, and leave it behind for somebody else to carry on.  I'm starting with ABC Warriors:

http://wiki.2000adonline.com/index.php/A.B.C._Warriors_%28series%29

Thanks, VinceBot!

CraveNoir

Hmm. tried adding trivia to the Oz story, and it appears in the trivia of all stories!
Appear to have edited the story template!

Dan Kelly

Cheers PJ, that seemed to work

(Log out of forum, go to Wiki, login, return to Wiki - all good)

pauljholden

Yeah, seems that if you hit 'EDIT' within the body of a subject (esp if based on a template) then the template itself becomes editable. Which is weird and annoying.

You need to hit 'EDIT' at the top of the entry - where it says PAGE | DISCUSSION | EDIT

-pj

Mike Carroll

Got the number of Sl�ines down to 224... That's enough for tonight, I think!

-- Mike

pauljholden

Bit weird this, but are are the flash navigation buttons not working when you're in the wiki? (work fine in every other location, but the wiki leaves the button unresponsive)

Also: can something be done in the backend to fix all those Slaines? (rather than Mad Mike Carroll editing every single entry - you mad man...)

-pj

VinceBot

Unfortunately not - wiki media stores the data as a binary BLOB, so there's no query or script I can run. I'd have to set up a bot to locate and change them, which I unfortunately havn't got time to do.

Still, only 224 to go. You can do eet.

Quote from: pauljholden on 20 January, 2010, 10:24:28 PM
Yeah, seems that if you hit 'EDIT' within the body of a subject (esp if based on a template) then the template itself becomes editable. Which is weird and annoying.

Oh wow, that's annoying. I can't see a way to fix it without locking down the template though.

Quote from: pauljholden on 21 January, 2010, 09:10:20 AM
Bit weird this, but are are the flash navigation buttons not working when you're in the wiki? (work fine in every other location, but the wiki leaves the button unresponsive)

They use relative paths, which was fine for www.2000adonline.com but on wiki.2000adonline.com the destination doesn't exist, so the buttons don't work.
As I said before, there's a technical issue with updating the banner - we're working to get it sorted out but it might be a while before we can fix the links or get the Wiki added to it.
For now, you can use the links at the very top of the page in the red bar to navigate if you need to.

pauljholden

Do you think adding an automatic link to click wheel would be worth doing for the issue template?

The following, should link via the issue number for individual progs:

http://www.clickwheel.net/features/219?query={{{Issue}}}

(and if clickwheel ever change how they work then, at least, in the template, it should be easy changed?)

The link may have to say something like "Check ClickWheel for Availability of Digital Download" (just in case the prog isn't on there...)

VinceBot

I'm amazed that works and din't know about it, so sure. I'll fudge it into the template.

Edit: Done, added as a "See Also" link. Only shows on progs that are edited from here onward.

Mike Carroll

Yay! Sl�ines all done - someone was working up the list while I was working down!

What do I win?

-- Mike