Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

I am skiving off work today.

Also there are lots of apples free to pick off the tree in the church garden across the road.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dandontdare

Bunking off and scrumping? Are you living in a 50s Beano comic?

TordelBack

Continuing the DC Thomson theme, the Boy and I built a sandcastle today, and a passing lady said it was "a work of art".  

Stepping back from our labours for a bit I realised she was right, it was virtually a platonic sandcastle, built just below the high tide line so as to be surrounded by waves, with linking causeway and working drawbridge, well defined crenellations and arrowloops, and a mix of round and square mural towers paying testimony to the long accretion of its defenses.  It even had a soggy fly as king (I'll never understand monarchy).  

Unfortunately I didn't get her phone number.  

House of Usher

You tell stories like Kim Newman does*. The lady in question got about 40 years younger in my imagination between the first line of your post and the last.

Congrats on the sandcastle, the father-son time and the kudos from the beach crumpet, by the way.

*That's not a compliment.  ;)
STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

Quote from: House of Usher on 22 August, 2010, 10:48:40 PM
The lady in question got about 40 years younger in my imagination between the first line of your post and the last.

And mine!

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

WoD

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 August, 2010, 10:39:26 PM
Continuing the DC Thomson theme, the Boy and I built a sandcastle today, and a passing lady said it was "a work of art".  

Stepping back from our labours for a bit I realised she was right, it was virtually a platonic sandcastle, built just below the high tide line so as to be surrounded by waves, with linking causeway and working drawbridge, well defined crenellations and arrowloops, and a mix of round and square mural towers paying testimony to the long accretion of its defenses.  It even had a soggy fly as king (I'll never understand monarchy).  

Unfortunately I didn't get her phone number.  

Photo...of the castle (or crumpet)...please.

TordelBack

Tccch, a photo of either would merely be shadows cast on a cave wall.  I'm telling you about the real thing, y'dig?  Mythopoesis on a sunny day.

Kerrin

Quote from: TordelBacklink=topic=24558.msg539802#msg539802date=1282585863Mythopoesis
Trudges off to online dictionary.....again.

Aha! I usually do a bit of mythopoesis in the pub of a Friday night.

You didn't challenge the young lady to assault your ramparts then?

vzzbux

The wife's scan seemed to go all right today. All positives from the examiner. May be residue from the Mastitis she had while breastfeeding Sophie 2 years ago.
Not going to jump for joy until the results come through confirmed.
At least this has been promoted from the spugs thread.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mikey

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

TordelBack

Promising news, V.  Hope its confirmed soon.

Something Fishy

Good news vzz.  Hope all is good.  My wife went through a long battle with breast cancer.  Tough times so delighted to hear things seem OK and keeping my fingers crossed for you both.

staticgirl

Ah brilliant. I had the same thing once - a scan prompted by a lump caused by an infection. It was really frightening at the time but my local NHS worked at lightening speed.

Kerrin