Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatboydale

Quote from: Large48 on 17 July, 2012, 01:41:32 AM
Clint did two versions of that artwork, the original B&W and then painted a copy in case he screwed it up so there are two version of each of those pages....

not the case , Clint Langey did the inks and Dondie Cox painted a photo copy ,So Clint Langley told me ...

Fatboydale

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 17 July, 2012, 07:39:03 AM
Quote from: Fatboydale on 17 May, 2012, 01:44:23 PM
A sensitive Judge Anderson page by Barry Kitson .

After a quick scan backwards upthread, I have to concur with maryanddavid: that's definitely David Roach, not Barry Kitson.

Cheers

Jim

if you scanned 1 post below the original post , i corrected the mistake !!!!

Quote from: Fatboydale on 17 May, 2012, 02:16:14 PM
oh shit it is by David Roach , i was looking at the wrong picture while typing out ....

And yes the Toxic cover is by Enrique Alcatena

While im here , a Robin Smith Bad City blues .

Skullmo

Quote from: Fatboydale on 17 July, 2012, 07:00:48 PM
Clint did two versions of that artwork, the original B&W and then painted a copy in case he screwed it up so there are two version of each of those pages....

not the case , Clint Langey did the inks and Dondie Cox painted a photo copy ,So Clint Langley told me ...

Yeah, I always thought Dondie Cox was the colourist. I like the colouring that was done, only you could tell it had been photocopiued before colouring as the linework was affected.

It was the same with Staples' and Walker's art when it was coloured. 
It's a joke. I was joking.

Fatboydale

oh while i'm here , i found this at the back my draws

Kev Walkers Badlands

hoops

Wow...that's a beautiful page

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Fatboydale on 17 July, 2012, 07:07:10 PM
if you scanned 1 post below the original post , i corrected the mistake !!!!

Fair play, I managed to miss that. Wasn't accusing you of any sort of dishonesty, I just like playing "identify the artist".

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jim_Campbell

At one point, Kev was talking to Dan Abnett about doing more Badlands, stories about the reason why there was this bubble out of time, and whether other unfortunates might have ended up there from different periods of history. I was always sorry that didn't come to anything...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

hippynumber1

Hang on; so the 'original' Langley pages for sale at Book Palace are, in fact, coloured in photocopies!  :o

Skullmo

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 18 July, 2012, 05:15:06 PM

Hang on; so the 'original' Langley pages for sale at Book Palace are, in fact, coloured in photocopies!  :o

We need to photocopy some Bolland and get colouring to make them originals!  :P

Fatboydale

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 18 July, 2012, 05:15:06 PM

yep ..and badly done as well

Large48

Quote from: Skullmo on 17 July, 2012, 07:20:12 PM

Yeah, I always thought Dondie Cox was the colourist. I like the colouring that was done, only you could tell it had been photocopiued before colouring as the linework was affected.

If that's the case I need to have another word with Clint then as he said he had painted them.....
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Fatboydale

Quote from: Large48 on 18 July, 2012, 08:18:08 PM
Quote from: Skullmo on 17 July, 2012, 07:20:12 PM

If that's the case I need to have another word with Clint then as he said he had painted them.....

lol , he had 20 pages painted by Dondie that was returned to him by mistake ,when i did a big deal with him , i was supposed to get them ....some how i never did , but wasn't fussed because of the poor quality and didn't think anybody would buy them ..... ;)

Large48

Ah Dale, buy them..... ;-)

Nice Kev page.

So what Simon stuff do you have?
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Skullmo

I love this page - Ace Trucking is one of my favourite series!

I picked this up in the 1990s. Sorry about the terrible quality of my camera!

Skullmo

When I was a teenager and I could not afford art I just redrew the pages I really liked!

Here is part of my re-drawing of a page of Wynter by Kev Walker