Main Menu

Xbox 360 - three solid reds

Started by Mikey, 19 October, 2009, 05:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Yesterday, my Xbox give me three solid reds and cut out. I turned it off and on again - it worked immediately, however I didn't keep playing.

What do three solid lights mean? From a trawl ont' web, am I right in thinking that if it was flashing it would be RROD? What does non flashing mean? No error message came up,it's a 360 Elite and is around a year old if that's significant...

Cheers,

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

WoD

Likely it will pack up fully in the near future...contact Microsoft and get it sorted...it's a pretty quick turn-around.

VinceBot

Very similar to the discussion going on here which outlines your options fairly well.

If you get the 3 lights intermittently then I suggest some light abuse (intentional overheat, gentle nudges, etc) to try and get the error to stick. Besides that Microsoft should offer a pretty comprehensive warranty on your box at the moment, regardless of the red lights staying on.

You could probably harass the retailer for an exchange or refund, but they might not give you any traction. Microsoft support (they have a nice website) is the easiest path, but has a turn around of about a month.

Mikey

Thanks peeps - I suspected as much and there was me warming up to Oblivion!

M.

mogzilla

mine only took a week to come back from the dead

Dandontdare

Quote from: VinceBot on 19 October, 2009, 11:35:41 PMIf you get the 3 lights intermittently then I suggest some light abuse (intentional overheat, gentle nudges, etc)

How will knocking one off the wrist help his X-box?

Mikey

It's what we used to do before games consoles.

M.

VinceBot

Quote from: Dandontdare on 20 October, 2009, 10:42:41 PM
How will knocking one off the wrist help his X-box?

Into the exhaust port.

Edit: wait its not a death star

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Mikey on 20 October, 2009, 09:36:40 AM
Thanks peeps - I suspected as much and there was me warming up to Oblivion!

M.

Weird, it was Oblivion that red ringed my last 360, that game must be pretty processor intensive then. That and Gears seem to be the major killers. Always thought the rrod should be all 4 quadrants, I shat myself the first time I got all 4 then realised it just meant the scart wasn't in right. PHEW. Good luck getting it sorted, they're really good about it generally.