Main Menu

Recommend me some PC Games??

Started by bluemeanie, 14 May, 2009, 03:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombemybabynow

If you've got a wii, pick up a cheap copy of pikmin - beautiful game
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Richmond Clements

QuoteI was a tad disappointed with the graphics as the game seems to put me into a lower resolution than normal,

Change the video settings in the pause menu.

Dunno about your controls though- sounds like you're holding the left mouse button to me- you need to hold that button down to look around and it sounds like this is what you're describing.

QuoteMy spirit come up near this angel 'spirit healer' thing which I thought was supposed to resurrect me more quickly but I can't figure out how to get that bit to work, so I end up resurrecting myself the long way.

If you right click (I think it's right...) on the spirit healer, you'll be asked if you want to ressurect there- but this looses you a load of life and mana.

ThryllSeekyr

QuoteSTAY AWAY FROM CONAN its awfull

I' have downloaded the ten day trial for this game about nearly two months ago now and I have not been able to get past the rather large patch that needs to be updated each time you boot up/logg into the game.

The game does look sort of impressive and alittle better than most other online RPG's. Saw some footage of a melee battle. Thought it looked interesting, myself. Although, the people reveiwing the game were'nt really pleased with it either. Something to do with gameplay being made more complicated through the patches, I think.

QuoteI succumbed to temptation and installed the trial version of World of Warcraft a couple of nights back.

I played the trial and quite enjoyed it.

QuotePart of the issue is, when you ressurrect after dying, you're in a weak state, and right in the thick of the monsters that killed you in the first place. Running back gets irritating after a while. My spirit come up near this angel 'spirit healer' thing which I thought was supposed to resurrect me more quickly but I can't figure out how to get that bit to work, so I end up resurrecting myself the long way.

I think your spirit rises at the nearest graveyard and for the price of some XP. You can resurrect on the spot, right there. I think a spirit healer -- The thing that looks like a angelic ghost -- does this for you or you can find your own  body and ressurect at the site of your death free of charge.

Though, I'm unsure if having this done in the graveyard gets all of their equipment back. You may lose afew items.
I think there is always a XP cost for this and his can get very expencive -- You can really feel the pinch-- if your character's of very high level.

Night Elves always rise as those Wisp things and I'm not sure if they have graveyards.

QuoteMy spirit come up near this angel 'spirit healer' thing which I thought was supposed to resurrect me more quickly but I can't figure out how to get that bit to work, so I end up resurrecting myself the long way.

I think you can text it, talk to it like any other game controlled character. Just click on it. I think there should always be a box there whenever you mouse scroll the cursor over it.

That might be whats wrong with your MOUSE controller.

QuoteOne trick I used was the shadow meld spell to hide myself while I heal shortly after resurrecting, but I've noticed that doesn't always work. The bugs sometimes see through it after a while....

I loved having that ability with my night Elf Druid. Once I had my character at a sufficeintly higher enough level. I used that power quite alot for similer reasons. Running from large wild cats and bears in the dark woods near a coastal port town on a the continent neigbouring Night Elves gigantic tree stump of a continent. I had my character fly there on the back of a Griffin. There was a trail close to a old burial ground continent where they all those banshees and other undead. I once made my way to lands close to the Ork's capital city. There is a place, a old castle or some fortication right by the seaside, occupied by some human militia controlled by the game itself. About half way between the Orc capital city asnd the Orc starting village. It's right next to a small group of ship wrecks that can be explored underwater. I thought the underwater combat with the those mutant crab creatures is very well handled and good fun if you can remember to come up for air. Though the real fun was sneaking around that old fortication, slaying militia using stealth, making my way inside. Using shadowmeld to lay in wait undetected. Making surprise attacks on low level orc players doing their starting quests. Using the Natures wrath! Thats fun. But I got caught once and was followed. I think I moved while shadowmelded and was spotted and eventualley taken down. I also had a duel with Minotaar Druid of slightly higher level but not possessing shadowmeld. I still lost the battle, but I made it more interesting with the NE racial advantages over theirs.

I also had a Gnome mage who also l got to a descent level and had fun simplely completing some of low level human quests -- That it could still do at it's higher level.-- in their starting town. The one with a kobold problem in the underound mines, with a Church, and the nearby farm claimed by bandits. All protected by a wall where ther are some city guards. Anyway, I had this one spell thast would zap and instanly drop every low level criiter/creep in the near vicinity. Which was fun to show off with in that starting area.

I ran out of time when my Druid was about to complete their Aquadic abilities quest. Something to do with being able to take the shape of a Sea-Lion.

TheEdge

[spoiler:2jrjuv0r]AVOID WORLD OF WARCRACK LIKE THE PLAUGE,

YOU WILL LOOSE PARTS OF YOUR LIFE TO THIS GAME FOR NOTHING

Its not only money you loose this game steals Time from you its not a game or a hobby its an addiction.

dont let the blizzard dealers see this they will get me
[/spoiler:2jrjuv0r]
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

Richmond Clements

Don't listen to him.

I can stop any time.

I just don't want to.

ThryllSeekyr

True, true true.

That might be the case for alot of games, they do take up time.

But what would you be rather doing you were sick in bed or hospitlised, other reading books, comics, drawing, writing, sleeping and other social pursuits.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I've just spent the last five hours, and a good chunk of the last few days, playing...

Plants vs Zombies!!

This is off Steam, and by Pop Cap (the folks behind Peggle). It is bloody good. Runs on an old PC and is very moreish - each level takes no more than 5 minutes. It's basically a tower defence game. Except you use plants instead of cannons. And fight zombies.
Lock up your spoons!

Mardroid

Quote from: "His Lordship rac"If you right click (I think it's right...) on the spirit healer, you'll be asked if you want to ressurect there- but this looses you a load of life and mana.

You're right, I'm past that now.  I did do that but it didn't work for a while. As for the mouse thing, I'm sure you're right. Or more specifically it reacts to sensitively with my tablet.

I'm really enjoying it now and playing it too much. Wanted to make the most of it during the trial period.

There was a weird bug earlier today. The login screen kept sending me back to my windows desktop. It continued to run in the background though, it just wouldn't allow me on for more than a second or two! I restarted my PC and that sorted it though. I've notice the other odd bug here and there but it largely a great game othewise.

TheEdge

Quote from: "His Lordship rac"Don't listen to him.

I can stop any time.

I just don't want to.

I've been clear for a year ( but everytime i see the box i want to reinstall it)

hlm2

if u want to kill time download the complete sam and max puzzle games off steam, very funny
some people are like slinkys, utterly useless but great fun to push down some stairs!

ThryllSeekyr

Try Alien Infestation. It's clearly based on the premice of Alien/s the movie! The ones that creep around luna based facitites and space stations, covering walls,floors and ceilings in their mucus, attacking various colonists, medical staff, commanders, troopers, robots, bartenders, bio-ologists by surpirse and at times mutating into tougher aliens. The queen is nigh unstoppable.

I could go on forever about the merits of this game, but I will just leave you with this picture, screenshot and link.

//http://www.mobygames.com/game/enemy-infestation

Judge Man

Try out Star Wars: Empire at War if you like RTS. One of the best RTS that I have played.

Anyone here have tried playing Red Alert 3?

bluemeanie

Never really got my head around RTS, more of a turn based guy. Starting with Reblestar Raiders on the spectrum through X-Com

Currenly playing Protoype though, all kinds of violent lovliness

Check it out though this clip DOES CONTAIN F BOMBS IN THE AUDIO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teDbNb1W ... re=related

TheEdge

Quote from: "bluemeanie"Never really got my head around RTS, more of a turn based guy. Starting with Reblestar Raiders on the spectrum through X-Com

Currenly playing Protoype though, all kinds of violent lovliness

Check it out though this clip DOES CONTAIN F BOMBS IN THE AUDIO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teDbNb1W ... re=related

The 3 NEWEST XCOM games are very good ( aftermath etc ), after a brief stint in 3rd person they went back to the origional excellent format with good updates(aftermath etc)

MOUNT AND BLADE

OK, world map graphics are ancient and old and cheap,
gameplay is limited to hack, slash, parry and shield, commands to troops are wait, follow or charge.

There is no MULTIPLAYER AT THE MOMENT, theres a release soon of a expansion pack to allow multiplayer online.

There's no story, theres no video's/films there are no audio voices its text only.

Its like an unfinished 5 year old game

BUT

THIS IS THE BEST GAME I'VE PLAYED IN MONTHS, first play i couldnt get away from my PC for 8 hours straight i've never done that before.

Its an RPG with all the usual skill up, new weapons, armour and mounts etc in a basic world map, help destroy the enemy,
the battles are staged in a 3d real time enviroment with you controlling your character, and you can issue commands to your army if you have one. Chase bandits or Lay seige to a castle with seige engines its great.

Your a mounted knight, pick your weapons crossbow/spear/bow/sword/pike etc its you against multiple enemy's fight them mounted or unmounted. You can raise your own army train them fight them.