Main Menu

Doctor Who - Series 10 (Spoilers)

Started by Taryn Tailz, 16 April, 2017, 01:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

I know captive ravens can be taught to speak. Being similar birds, I guess crows might have the knack as well.

dweezil2

Quote from: Mardroid on 18 June, 2017, 02:23:20 PM
I know captive ravens can be taught to speak. Being similar birds, I guess crows might have the knack as well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ0yrG-Yz88
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: Mardroid on 18 June, 2017, 02:23:20 PM

I used to think that was bollocks, but nevermore!

... I'll get my coat. :wave:

Taryn Tailz

With yesterday's episode, Rona Munro has become the only person to have written for both the classic series and the new series of Doctor Who, having previously written the Sylvester McCoy story 'Survival'.

Andy Lambert

JLC

This was an OK episode, but to be honest every other episode has been great. Can't believe I'm actually enjoying Capaldi's Doctor after the last 2 abysmal seasons.

Richard

QuoteIt feels to me like they've not given her enough motivation to do so,
Isn't 1,000 years imprisoned in a vault enough?

Link Prime

Quote from: Andy Lambert on 18 June, 2017, 08:12:26 PM
"Death by Scotland."

Brilliant :)

Great line.

A better episode this week than the last 3 in my view, but still not as good as the first half of the season.
The sheen is starting to wear off Bill & Nardole slightly too.

Still, only three episodes left with the mighty Capaldi (including the Christmas special)- I intend to enjoy them.
The teaser for next week looks great too.

Greg M.

I haven't been watching this series (after moaning relentlessly about the last one, I thought it best to have the courage of my convictions and give up on it) but I may be lured back briefly next week just to see [spoiler]the John Simm Master. He'd always said he wished he'd played it a little more subtly first time around, so it'll be interesting to see his interpretation.[/spoiler]

Timothy

IndigoPrime

Mardroid

That was good! [spoiler]It suggests a change in the origins of the Mondasian Cybermen. Weren't they actually created on Mondas rather than a colony ship en route? I haven't seen the early Cybermen episodes, however, so I could be wrong about that. But I do remember reading that they were converted to cope with the extreme cold of Mondas. On the other hand, maybe the ship originally left with the intention that the crew escape the hostile environment of Mondas, and they went back after conversion, possibly converting the rest of the population left behind. [/spoiler]

Interested to see the next episode!

Taryn Tailz

Cracking episode tonight, though all the best ideas and concepts for the story were lifted straight from the Big Finish audio 'Spare Parts'. Still, if you're gonna pinch another writer's ideas then there are a lot worse writers than Marc Platt to take them from. :P

Also, I completely failed to recognise that 'that' character was in fact 'that other character'. (Damn the broken spoiler button) Great piece of acting.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Finally, a stone cold classic, the first of the entire Capaldi era.

(Totally lifted from Spare Parts, much more so than the parallel Earth Cybermen story that Marc Platt got a credit for).

Richard

Another excellent one. This has been a consistently good series, and next week looks like it's going to be absolutely phenomenal!