Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Here's hoping 2013 is a more productive year for 2000AD releases. ThreeA is probably THE most frustrating company I've ever come across but fuck me, their product is wonderful. Here's two figures from the past year that scream 2000AD to me - firstly, a NOM soldier, could that be Dredd's daystick there?

Secondly, the F-Legion figure; Ashley Wood said he was doing Rogue Trooper and the head gear of this design would have been perfect on a Nort, minus the zip of course...

Close up:

In hand, these figs are amazing and I'd kill for a Dredd. Imagine the muties and perps he could do...

Dandontdare

that's reminded me - where the drokk is my 1/12 Mongrol?  >:(

Mardroid

Quote from: Dandontdare on 31 December, 2012, 12:58:40 PM
that's reminded me - where the drokk is my 1/12 Mongrol?  >:(

Indeed. I'm not too worried as I had forewarning from previous threads from those who ordered previous figures....
... but they're certainly taking their time this time.  Here's hoping he arrives early in the new year.

I received 3A's e-newsletter a short while ago. An interesting read... although I'll admit I had no clue as to the references and who the characters advertised are. (Which isn't to say they're not out there.)

Obviously some  of their creations are sci-fi/ comics properties like the 2000 AD stuff for example. Is this the case of all their stuff though? They largely seem to have a kind of mech, or manga/steam-punky theme. I wondered how many are actually invented in-house. (As characters I mean, not just models of other properties.)

Mind you my knowledge of what's out there is minimal. I have very little knowledge of Manga/anime characters for example.

Pete Wells

A potted guide to ThreeA products:

Ashley Wood has three lines of his own - World War Robot which is a future war, big stompy robots series of art books and toys, Popbot which is a rather pretentious comic featuring autistic martial artists, big robots, talking cats and loads of other weird shite and Adventure Kartel which is a more cartoony series of figures featuring zombies, goths  and more weird robots.

As well as Wood's own creations, the company have acquired several licensed properties such as Valve's Portal, Reel Steel, 2000AD, Halo and more.

The artist obviously has a love of Japanese toys and culture as he's got a couple of toys based on them but like Mardoid, I have no clue most of the time.

My worry with that newsletter was there was no mention of 2000AD, however I'm hoping that was just an oversight by Wood who, to be honest, comes across as a bit scatty.

Dandontdare

he also produces erotic comics apparently!

COMMANDO FORCES

You lot make me sick, want, want, bloody want! Patience is a virtue you know :angel:

Albion

Meanwhile over on Facebook.......

For all who kept asking about 2000AD line:
"More ABC Warriors and Dredd soon. We have a dedicated crew to this now so hopefully shit will move quicker", said by Ashley Wood at 3A forum.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

ming

Just a few snippets of info since Ashley Wood resurfaced on the 3A forum for some Q&A.  2000AD-related info extracted thusly:

more ABC warriors and Dredd soon, we have a deciated crew to this now, so hopefully shit will move quicker

re 1/6th DREDD, very soon

re 1/12th rojaws, no really.
[presumably this should read 'not really']

Ming, if you can find 500 others you have it ! I really want a toy of every 2000ad charcter ever, even SHAKO!  [that relates to me asking if I can have a Two Ton Tony Tubbs figure]

ill get some hammerstein images up soon, he is ace !

the smaller 2000ad figs are cool, if the big version does well, the smaller will follow. they go hand it hand and support each other. But i have a soft spot for em!

yes to Rogue

If anyone has any specific questions, let me know and I'll try and pass 'em along.

Mikey

All good news!

I was wondering if Rebellion are interested in promoting the 3A figs a bit? It can only do good.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

radiator

I don't buy collectibles or toys....

...but I must admit I'd be sorely tempted by a 1/12 Dredd, especially if it's based on McMahon or Ezquerra's Dredd, and designed by Rufus.

Course, I'm not sure what you're actually supposed to do with these things after you've bought them, but there you go.

ming

Quote from: radiator on 18 January, 2013, 11:48:37 AM
I don't buy collectibles or toys....

...but I must admit I'd be sorely tempted by a 1/12 Dredd, especially if it's based on McMahon or Ezquerra's Dredd, and designed by Rufus.

Course, I'm not sure what you're actually supposed to do with these things after you've bought them, but there you go.

I'm in a similar position as you, Radiator - not a collector of anything much outside the comics and artwork.  The 3A stuff just seemed to hit the spot for me, and as I've got two boys I can let loose on Mongrol & Co it's the perfect excuse.  These are really nice bits of 'art' but at the end of the day these are toys and need to be played with.

As for McMahon-based design, brought to life by Rufus - exactly what I expect we'll get.

Will be interesting to see if we get other Dredd versions (Apocalypse War Dredd with Stub gun was mentioned, along with City of the Damned evil twin) and how they're handled; different sculpt to mimic Ezquerra for AW version, maybe?

Fingers crossed for more info, and a couple more figures, this year.

Dunk!

"McMahon-based design, brought to life by Rufus"

This. First please.

with this "different sculpt to mimic Ezquerra" being an extra cherry.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

CrazyFoxMachine

Aye... not Tharg, not any of the wonderful robots - beautiful as they are - have made my wallet bark. But even now I can hear it snarling and biting at the thought of a lovely Dredd figure. Bugger the cost.

Dandontdare

Nemesis and Torquemada - I'd like to say with a full-scale Blitzspear, but that's be crazy expensive.