Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 December, 2013, 07:46:45 PM

At least squeeze a Dredd out. It'll sell.
Movie or comic.
A movie version would probably generate more interest over seas.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

CrazyFoxMachine

Always worth dragging this beautiful custom out:

I know it's not 3a's style but it shows what could be done with it

By Elvis1976 - more pics here: http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-discussion/646711-dredd-3d.html

Steve Green

The problem with the movie stuff is there seems to be little interest from DNA/whoever to license things out.

All the helmets/costumes are unofficial.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Steve Green on 10 December, 2013, 10:23:39 PM
The problem with the movie stuff is there seems to be little interest from DNA/whoever to license things out

The Last Exit to Nowhere film t-shirts were done through Rebellion so maybe there's a window.

Steve Green

Maybe. But producing a figure is another matter, apart from the extra expense in setup, there's Karl Urban's likeness.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: vzzbux on 10 December, 2013, 10:09:53 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 December, 2013, 07:46:45 PM

At least squeeze a Dredd out. It'll sell.
Movie or comic.
A movie version would probably generate more interest over seas.

3A only have the rights to the comic version.
@jamesfeistdraws

Mikey

The best time to release a Dredd figure of any type would have been around the film release, but unfortunately it didn't happen. Despite all the waiting in a news vacuum, I still can't wait to see how the figs look when they eventually appear.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

TordelBack

Quote from: Mikey on 11 December, 2013, 10:17:42 AM
The best time to release a Dredd figure of any type would have been around the film release, but unfortunately it didn't happen.

At the same time, toy companies wondering if they maybe should have tried to put something out bodes better for the long-term future than toy companies fervently wishing they hadn't.

It's a shame that Mongoose or Dark World Creations or related licensees don't at least have a movie-Judge miniature range (5 models would do it) to go with their comic stuff.  Beyond the licence itself the production costs on individual miniatures aren't vast by normal toy standards. 

strontium71

I still want to see a Ken and Barbie version of Dredd and Anderson...
...because I hate you.

Devons Daddy

The quality was superb!!! I had hoped we would have the abc warriors a full set!
They did sell out after all.
Tharg was good mongrel and Row jaws jaw dropping fine
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

JOE SOAP

An update on the 2000AD line from 3A and Ashley Wood on facebook:

Ashley delivering the update about 2000AD and 3A:

"I just love writing the name 2000AD, even though we have all trotted past said date, its still conjures up thoughts of the future, and thats why I'm writing this post today.

The future of 2000AD and 3A.

I could yap on about the details about the previous years attempts at making the toys ( best moment for me was Ro -Jaws ), but in short in 2014 we are going to relaunch the 2000ad line in 1/12th, I want to make many characters, and frankly the cost and support for large expensive versions just didnt add up, plus we all want a law-master with our Dredd figure ( much much easier and cheaper in 1/12th), hell, we all want a Apocolpyse War era Sov Judge, Judge Anderson, Judge Death, Johnny Alpha with Gronk, Nemesis, fuck, even that todger Ace Garp , plus all the modern era characters.. There are a shit load of them, I personally love them all, even Shako..

You guys who have the 1/12th Mongrol have already started your collections, so help me, help 3A get these done by supporting the new line, without you guys it not gonna happen! 2000ad deserves a great toy line, fuck that, IT DEMANDS IT!

ash"

Mardroid

Yes please! (I doubt I collect them all but I may pick up Dredd and Alpha if not too expensive. And hopefully they'll do more ABC Warriors too.)
And 1/12 is the right size for me. (I have Mongrol.)

COMMANDO FORCES

Just read all that on their site. I predicted if it wasn't all over that smaller scale versions would be the only viable way forward.
Still, at least we are not gonna be killed in the wallet. Then again, that depends on how much disposable income you have.

JOE SOAP

Unless you have a spare 1/6th house to contain 'em all, I always thought the larger ones were overkill.

Mardroid

Yes. The 1/12 figures are hardly small anyway. Okay, the only one I have to go on is Mongrol who is probably well above the average size of these figures, but I think we're still looking around 5-6" for the human proportioned figures, right?