Main Menu

2000 AD ART STARS - HALO JONES

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 17 July, 2019, 08:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

CrazyFoxMachine

TordelBack

Ah, Pwuc in the early days!

This is one of my all-time favourite competitions, amazing stuff on every page.

CrazyFoxMachine

Thanks for the kind words over the months everyone - there have been some absolutely beautiful entries for thissun :)

Also the Halo competition ends Friday 18th October at 9pm GMT btw everyone, so if you've going "oohhh I want to enter but do I? Should I? I might not actually. Or should I?" Just do it - !  All details here: https://2000ad.com/artcomp

broodblik

Great competition with some wonderful art. I am just glad that I am not the judge
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

CrazyFoxMachine

That job is Tharg's alone - and TMO is scarily capable of zeroing-in on a good 'un! It's probably his old telephone dial  :-X

Paul Deej - Halo Jones

CrazyFoxMachine

TordelBack

I love how all the Halos are so different, but the Tobys are almost all still 95% Ian Gibson! You just can't better a Gibson robot design.

CrazyFoxMachine

I think we've had some varied Toby takes as well, tbf! On that subject...

John Henry Gaurino -- Halo Jones

CrazyFoxMachine

CrazyFoxMachine

CrazyFoxMachine

Competition ends tonight at 9pm GMT btw guys!

Nic Fraser - Halo Jones

CrazyFoxMachine

The competition IS NOW CLOSED but we've got a few more entries to share before the winners get announced - stay tuned!

Darlin Design -- Halo Jones

JayzusB.Christ

What a comp.  One of the best I've seen.  The quality has been amazing all round but for me it has to be Chasen9ne; despite the style being completely different from Gibson's it captures the spirit of the series perfectly.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Agreed, it's amazing - i'm also a big fan of the entries by Eoin Stephens, Mi Jei and Dan Wats. To be honest, I like almost every pic.  Sad this one has to end, it's been a real treat - reminiscent of ye olden Art Comps!