Main Menu

2000AD 40th Anniversary - 11th Feb 2017 - London

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 23 September, 2016, 06:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert_ellis

Does anyone know if Tiernan Trevallion is still at the 40th? Absalom has been the highlight of 2000ad for me. I remember seeing his name on the poster but can't see him on any signing lists.

dj_bollocks

Hello. Newbie here. Please be gentle.

I've only just found out about the celebrations in London this weekend (I've been living under a rock)... So if anyone has a ticket that they don't want to use I would happily take it off your hands for real credits.

Hope everyone going has a brilliant time celebrating the Galaxy's Greatest Comic !

Steve Green

Hi,

I'm afraid you're out of luck, they've always said the tickets are non-transferable.

Bolt-01

Quote from: robert_ellis on 07 February, 2017, 11:38:32 PM
Does anyone know if Tiernan Trevallion is still at the 40th? Absalom has been the highlight of 2000ad for me. I remember seeing his name on the poster but can't see him on any signing lists.

Robert- To the best of my knowledge TT is not going to be there.

NSFTM

Quick question, is there ample capacity in the rooms for everyone to get in?

i don't want to spend an hour of precious hero worship queuing up for the SD film.
It Could Be That The Sole Purpose Of Your Life Is To Serve As A Warning To Others

Steve Green

No you can't fit everyone in the screening rooms.

There are around 1000 tickets sold + attendees

250 seat capacity in the Milli-com panel room (which will be the Stront screening)
133 (going by the floorplan) for the Tir Nan Og talkspace
133 same for the live drawing space.

So it's going to be first come, first served.

It's not like there's never going to be another chance to see SD, so you'll just have to play it by ear.

opaque

Thing is if that's already full by 6.00-6.30 the last signing will attract everyone else that is left so that could be rather manic for them.

I do wonder why it says *limited capacity available for the 2 films but not before as surely it's limited all through the day?

That we know none of it is being recorded I'm also guessing that Rebellion won't want anyone else recording the talks etc and putting it up on YouTube either which makes choices even harder.

Steve Green

I believe some of it at least is being recorded.

opaque

Yes sorry, I meant streamed but Facebook says '...we are planning to make some of the programming available after the event.' but that might just be odd clips. Hopefully not as Rebellion is very good what with the length of podcast interviews etc.
But then if that is happening then us recording talks shouldn't be a problem then, just to make sure.

They could record everything and release it as a special dvd ;)

Magnetica

I guess the Strontium Dog fan film will be made available on You Tube at some point - like Minty(?).

I note the Thrill Power Overload screening is an extended version. I would really like to see that, but it makes it a really long day / cuts into pub time. So I was wondering if this version will be released on DVD ( or shown on Film 4)?

Magnetica

I mean Future Shock screening.

(Thrillpower Overload is a book :lol: )

Steve Green

Yep, current plan is for it to go online in May.

The version that goes online will be tweaked slightly, it was a mad rush to show something at Thought Bubble, and the same for the 40th.

There might be screenings at cons between Feb and May - not sure yet.

Main thing for me, is I need to get back to some paying work.

The FS guys have mentioned Blu-rays as a possibility, but nothing concrete has been announced.

robert_ellis

Cheers Bolt - if he shows it'll be a nice surprise!

DrDark

I am really looking forward to the Strontium Dog film so hopefully at that point I will have spent all my cash, got all the signatures and art I want and in true English fashion can relax for a while in a nice leisurely queue ;)

LARF

What's everyone doing Friday night, I'll be down around 5ish, is there a pub meet anywhere?