Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 23 September, 2016, 06:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

opaque

Soon to be leaving Bury St Edmunds :)
Lets see how things unfold :)

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Goaty

Sounds like a good night. Enjoy today, if anyone get signed to Goaty from Kev Walker, Simon Fraser and Carlos Ezquerra, my favourite artists!!

NapalmKev

Stunning day! Just a shame I couldn't stay until the end.

Got a few pics which I'll post later (won't accept images from my phone) and met some very nice people - Droids and forumites!

Massive thanks to 2000AD and Rebellion for this glorious celebration of the Galaxies Greatest Comic!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Mardroid

Mardroid

At the to reception area now with a pint. I recognised a couple of faces at the bar earlier.

If you see a tall guy with glasses, a short haircut and a Southern contingent t-shirt, that might be me. Heh.

Rogue Judge

I'm mighty jealous of all you Squaxx who get to attend the event this weekend! Please post lots of pictures/videos of the event so I can live vicariously through you!

Found this video on YouTube by Bleeding Cool - Walking To (And Around) The 2000AD 40 Years Of Thrill Power Festival: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PznebrzEVN0
Looks like a great time!

Tjm86

What really gets my goat is a conversation with the wife suggested that this would have been doable.  Just didn't even think of it as a possibility so missed the tickets.  I can't even begin to explain how envious i am of those who are able to make it.  Just hope that you all really enjoy it to make up for all of us who have to savour it vicariously.

Excuse the bitterness.

Mardroid

I got there in time for Search/Destroy which was rather good. (I was seated just a couple of chairs away from Edmund Dehn!) I also saw the following 2000 ad extended documentary which was rather good.

I'm the bar now with other folks now with a drink...

COMMANDO FORCES

dancornwell

Sitting Surrounded but all of your heroes was quite something! Had a chat with the Biz and was lucky enough to have a meal with John and Carlos, something I never thought I would never imagine in my lifetime. What a day! Also got confirmation that I will be a droid soon after Tharg himself gave thumbs up for me to start a Dredd story! Shit got real!!! Dreams do come true! Great to meet everyone in an unofficial coppyastity. At the 50th I may be an official Droid! What a 40th!!

maryanddavid

sheridan

Quote from: dancornwell on 12 February, 2017, 12:29:24 AM
Sitting Surrounded but all of your heroes was quite something! Had a chat with the Biz and was lucky enough to have a meal with John and Carlos, something I never thought I would never imagine in my lifetime. What a day! Also got confirmation that I will be a droid soon after Tharg himself gave thumbs up for me to start a Dredd story! Shit got real!!! Dreams do come true! Great to meet everyone in an unofficial coppyastity. At the 50th I may be an official Droid! What a 40th!!

Congratulations!  Are you going to be drawing or wording?

ZenArcade

What a day out. So many people, so much fun. The amount of creative talent concentrated in one place was a sight to behold.  Panels in abundance ; writers, artists and a plethora of ancillary wonderfulness.
The forum was there in strength.  Scottish,  English,  Welsh. American, and European boarders were a treat to see.
The bar was in the politest sense of the word: risible.  Untrained staff who ran out of beer by 8pm, guided by a bullying imbecile of a manager, who would have been better advised to have concentrated on basic staff training and how to find the cellar in order to replenish the drinks on offer; as opposed to shouting loudly at his staff and banging every resonating surface in sight
Mind you, to be fair to him he kindly closed.the bar at 1:20am in order to spare his customers the utter pain of enjoying a few drinks in a convivial atmosphere.
I don't go to very many cons and this was in a con sense.the best  I've went to.  In terms of the beer, the Novotel in Hammersmith ain't where it's at. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

shaolin_monkey

Singing 'Whiskey in the Jar' with Glenn Fabry at 4am was a highlight, but the whole day was just bloody brilliant.

A massive round of applause is due for everyone involved. Awesome - well bloody done!!!