Main Menu

2000AD 40th Anniversary - 11th Feb 2017 - London

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 23 September, 2016, 06:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

I imagine that's more Pat talking about marketing guys trying to steer 2000AD away from the template of what had worked well, probably more generalities than anyone specific.

COMMANDO FORCES

Carlos said he did 42 sketches on the day and his only break was his time on his panel.

Steve Green

Was chatting about it at the con - was wondering what the other big news alluded to is...

Steve Green

Magnetica

Licensing indie game developers to produce 2000AD games was discussed extensively at the Growing Rebellion panel by Jason Kingsley and how they have "red lines" (i.e. non negotiables) for who they license the characters to must and must not do (e.g. Rogue Trooper must be blue).

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Dreddzilla on 12 February, 2017, 02:16:01 PM
So, has anyone talked about this exciting news yet? https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02/11/rebellion-to-open-up-2000ad-games-including-judge-dredd-to-other-developers-and-publishers/

The Kingsleys announced this in their panel. Pretty exciting with some reeeallly tantalising prospects - I spoke with a few people about what their ideal 2000 AD game would be after hearing it. "Red Dead Redemption" style Stronty Dog was one shout from Phillip Vaughan which is generally a pretty awesome idea :D

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Steve Green on 12 February, 2017, 02:22:15 PM
Was chatting about it at the con - was wondering what the other big news alluded to is...
I know it's a long shot, but I'm hoping DREDD sequel. And yah, I know the second coming of Christ is more likely to happen at this point, but I can hope. :lol:

Steve Green

I'm sort of in agreement that I think Rogue should be more grey/blue than smurf blue in a feature. Some of the Titan painted covers I think he looked better that way.

You'd think there would be some wriggle room - maybe it's swayed from not wanting it to look too outlandish, to blue characters in Avatar/GOTG/X-men making it not particularly unusual in genre films.

Dunk!

The cascade happened in front of everyone.

Peroni gave way to Heineken gave way to poncy named bottled beers and finally, reluctantly, gave way to Budweiser.

And still they came.

Kronenbourg gave way to Fosters gave way to John Smith gave way, for an unlucky few, to cider.

And still they came.

The bin was a multicoloured wasteland of discarded gin, vodka, whiskey, tequila and wine bottles.

And, to the horror of the frankly crap hotel bar staff, still they came.

It was magnificent.

PS. Don't touch the fuckin' spoon, ok.
"Trust we"

Steve Green

Maybe they'll have an easier time of it with the suits who turned up this morning.

Colin YNWA

Suits never, never disrespect another man's spoon. Unlike... some.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I've touched another man's spoon and paid the price.
Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Dunk! on 12 February, 2017, 02:54:45 PM
The cascade happened in front of everyone.

Peroni gave way to Heineken gave way to poncy named bottled beers and finally, reluctantly, gave way to Budweiser.

And still they came.

Kronenbourg gave way to Fosters gave way to John Smith gave way, for an unlucky few, to cider.

And still they came.

The bin was a multicoloured wasteland of discarded gin, vodka, whiskey, tequila and wine bottles.

And, to the horror of the frankly crap hotel bar staff, still they came.

It was magnificent.

PS. Don't touch the fuckin' spoon, ok.

Like.

I've never seen a bar drunk quite so dry; I peeked in this morning after checking out and it was empty
Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

And the staff faces when they turned off the lights and said they'd only serve residents...

...then realised we were all residents

Lock up your spoons!