Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceSpinner2000

In the third mega episode of our Judge Dredd Megazine Primer series Eli and Conrad are looking at some classic Dredd adventures to learn more about the Lawman of the Future. This episode we're focusing on one of Judge Dredd's greatest opponents, Judge Death! Generally when Dredd defeats someone they end up dead or in prison, and it's extremely rare for someone to make a repeat appearance. As an immortal personification of death from an alternate dimension, Judge Death is the exception to that rule. Also Conrad makes a pretty big mistake with a key Dredd quote, TWICE!

[Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify
Or on your favorite podcast app!

We put out a lot of content this week! Please let me know what you think of the episode!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

The Monarch

nah  but seriously the fuck was that future shock called guilt supposed to be?

Lobo Baggins

Wow, I can't believe you've got to the adventures of Big Guy, Mean Guy, Busty Gal Guy, Other Guy, and Other Other Guy already!

I also find it hard to believe that it started before Necropolis and was still hanging around until just before The Pit began.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Leigh S

Ah, we've hit that point where the prog, soaring after a slow dive suddenly hits an air pocket of  Mike Fleischer, stalls and goes into a scary freefall.  Interesting Tomlinson will be at the controls when it starts pulling out of the death dive.... and at least you have Necropolis, Button Man and a good chunk of the Megazinne to keep you going - plus you have me reevaluating stuff I have long dismissed, so interesting times! 

Students and Terrorists used to be interchangeable concepts.

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: The Monarch on 11 August, 2020, 01:28:31 AM
nah  but seriously the fuck was that future shock called guilt supposed to be?

TV commercials of the day? Some damn thing? I need everyone from the time to explain themselves!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

SpaceSpinner2000

It's the second part of the Starlordathon! The next four hours and issues 5 through 7 of UK classic comic Starlord, along with the Starlord Special!. If you want to check out visuals for the stream, head over to our YouTube Channel, where individual episodes will be uploaded shortly.

[Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify

Please let me know what you think of the episode!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling two hundred and seventeenth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 672-675 of 2000AD, covering March & April 1990. This episode Judge Dredd deals with deadly ladies of the human and supernatural variety, we explore the edge with Armoured Gideon, Shadows gets the Net, Universal Soldier returns, and the Harlem Heroes get recruited!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify

Eamonn Clarke

I need video footage of Conrad and Fox voguing while doing the splundig vur thrigg signoff.

In other news I would like to apologise to the wider community for singng during my brief appearance on the Stardlordathon.
:-[

The Monarch

I dunno if i should be insulted by that one scottish future shock :lol:

Leigh S

It may be the Mandela Effect (which we all know is named after Zenith's St John) but I could have sworn the upcoming Hilary Robinson story is Chronos Carnival (not Chaos) - I'd have written it off as mispeak, but think you've called it Chaos Carnival a few times now! 

Is the angry Ace Garp the one drawn by Richie Edwards of Manic Street Preachers fame?

Tabernacles are definitely a thing!

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: Leigh S on 18 August, 2020, 12:56:21 PM
It may be the Mandela Effect (which we all know is named after Zenith's St John) but I could have sworn the upcoming Hilary Robinson story is Chronos Carnival (not Chaos) - I'd have written it off as mispeak, but think you've called it Chaos Carnival a few times now! 

Is the angry Ace Garp the one drawn by Richie Edwards of Manic Street Preachers fame?

Tabernacles are definitely a thing!

Chronos vs Chaos are words I confuse constantly!

SpaceSpinner2000

It's the third part of the Starlordathon! The next four hours and issues 8 through 11 of Starlord! If you want to check out visuals for the stream, head over to our YouTube Channel, where individual episodes will be uploaded shortly.

[Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling two hundred and eighteenth episode we continue our journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with the 1990 Sci-Fi Special of 2000AD. We're seeing these specials becoming a testing ground for new 2000AD talent, and places to feature extra episodes of newer thrills, with stories featuring Luke Kirby, Armoured Gideon, and Indigo Prime!

This episode Conrad is joined by 2000AD art droid and storyboard artist Mark Sexton! Mark has worked on a ton of great movies and has been a friend of the show almost since the beginning!

Sadly there's some audio problems at the start of this episode, but it gets cleared up about 15 minutes in.

[Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify

The Monarch

i am now reading along and i read that barton character as more from t north than scottish but thats just me

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling two hundred and nineteenth episode we continue our journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with the 1990 Judge Dredd Mega-Special. It's the third Dredd solo special, with three brand new stories, all written by Alan Grant and a frankly terrifying amount of detailed filler!

This episode Conrad is joined by Alex of the Heroes of 2000AD blog! It's a great resource for information on important 2000AD creators, which can be severely lacking elsewhere on the web.

[Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify