Main Menu

Prog 1457 - Riders On The Storm

Started by VampiraJen, 19 September, 2005, 09:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GermanAndy

Overall another good prog.

DREDD: Okay, we knew that at some point slaugtherhouse would go ballistic, but great writing. Wagner still keeps me guessing how this will end.

SAVAGE: Liking this more and more. Adlards work is very, very good. And a good cliffhanger :-)

LEATHERJACK: Some parts are a bit too much tongue-in-cheek, but its fun.

FUTURE SHOCK: One word: groan.

BREATHING SPACE: This one has got hard to follow. If the killer happens to be King himself, I?ll call the cliche Judges.

Byron Virgo

It is King though, isn't it (or else it's some weird Bryan DePalma/Tyler Durden style 'He thought he was two blokes/a woman/serial killer all along!')

It's all gone a bit Mark Millar for me, I'm afraid.

Slippery PD

Wouldnt that be a bit Angel Heart?

I had a gut feeling it was Julias or whatever the woman was called.

Slips

Artificial Idiot

Yeah, I reckon it's Julias as well. Mainly for the double irony of King being betrayed by a woman on Earth and Julias supposedly being the only other 'good' Judge.

Goaty

Nice Cover, with rain, dark, earth background, that the way 2000AD is!

JudgeDredd: Still great, but sad start, I was expected Slaughterhouse become new Judge, like replace to Judge Guthie? who forgot the great Judge Oaks... but still feelings like Slaughterhouse gone crazy, at end Dredd kill him.

SAVAGE: This is get better and better, i guess maybe that guy is dummy?

LEATHERJACK: Was expect something twisted, but it so not enough...

FUTURE SHOCK: Crap!

BREATHING SPACE: Not clear what the hell happens that time when bike fly? and that man smile is other bad judge... I am sort of sure it the King did it?

Carlsborg Expert

Hi goaty you must be Spanish. Welcome Aboard!

My preferences were the Savage story.. The Dredd story.. The Breathing space then the Leatherjack.
Have not read Future Shocks yet.

Have to dash .

Will  want to talk more about the prog in greater detail later, perhaps.

LARF

Yeh hi Goaty, def. Spanish - it's the way you write 'crap!'

:-)

Not read my prog yet, so will comment afterwards.

Dark Jimbo

I actually didn't mind the future shock, the art was really cool and the story wasn't bad, what killed it for me was the terrible clumsy-exposition-based dialogue, particularly at the end.
@jamesfeistdraws

Rex Banner

Overall good prog. I liked the rain soaked logo but missed Droid Life.

Proudhuff

I enjoyed the prog again.

The best bit was Dredd, followed by Savage.

- MockTrout
DDT did a job on me

Goaty

First time someone says i must be spanish?
sorry i am Deaf, as my english not very good, blame the school!

But I agree that Savage and Dredd is better this Prog.....

The Enigmatic Dr X

I gave up on Breathing Space two progs back.

To put that comment in context, I read all of the Balls Brothers and Soul Sisters.

Savage was brill, and shows waht good stuff Mills can do. For all the Mills-bashing that goes on he is still one of the all time top droids and is very consistent.

I maintain that Slaughterhouse is Batman.
Lock up your spoons!

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.

Bico

Except it was bollocks.

Dredd:  I reckon the wife will turn up, and her body will have been nicked by those body-snatching blokes from the body-snatching story from years ago who kidnap people and put rich people's brains in their bodies for a hefty fee. Possibly some analogy about Slaughterhouse being a brain in another body other than his own, and whoever's brain is in the wife's body being much the same will be employed.  I reckon the security interview was a vetting process to find physically fit people that fitted the bill - maybe the wife pretended she didn't have any family, and they only kidnap people with no famial ties, which is why no-one's noticed the amount of people attending this interview that go missing.  Possibly.
I liked this.

Savage:  Hur hur.  I like Bill.  He shoots people with his gun.  Social commentary is laid on a bit thick, but I'm not really complaining about that, I'm just complaining that no young people read the comic anymore.  Kids' comics should be a lot more like this, I reckon.  Possibly I'm wrong and they should only read Spidey.

Leatherjack:  I'm not getting into this at all.  Seems too self-consciously 'weird', when all it is is an extended metaphor/analogy.  It's alright, I suppose - just not my thing.

Future Shock:  Steve Moore?  I suppose I should feel cheated the world wasn't destroyed, but at least he killed off the principal characters in a wryly amusing way.  Like he does.
A lot.

Breathing Space:  Fuck me.  So much wrong.  Why this?  Why not more Dante?  Breathing Space and Dante have so much in common (unoriginal transposing of identikit pulp adventure into sci-fi setting, cliched two-dimensional main characters, and the artist buggers off halfway through the strip's run for reasons not readily apparant and everyone thinks the new art's good, but there's something not quite there anymore), but at least Dante is entertaining, and no-one had the above discussion about what the hell actually happened in one of the episodes. I don't like this.

Advertisment for Transformers on back page:  Ohhh!  Robots!  Big!  Stompy!