Main Menu

MAJOR SPOILERS! Dredd: Brothers Of The Blood

Started by ukdane, 16 March, 2004, 05:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

This thread contains SPOILERS, if you haven't read Prog 1381, and don't want to know how the story ends, do NOT read the rest of this thread!

T
H
I
S

S
H
O
U
L
D

B
E

E
N
O
U
G
H

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
P
A
C
E

Well, there can be little doubt that Dolman will probably end up in a future Dredd story, but in the mean time, I'd liek to see him in his own series in the Meg, following his adventures on the "colony of Columbus".

Nice touch giving him the face change- solved all kinds of problems, and also gives me even more reason to believe it's not the last we've seen of Dolman.
Cheers

-Daney

Bolt-01

Cant help but feel that we should leave him alone for a bit.

He's only 15 and about to start a new life. He's going to have enough problems adjusting to a family without us peeping over his shoulder demanding more action.

give him a couple of years to settle in, then maybe we can go visit.

Bolt-01

IndigoPrime

Did anyone notice a very telling line where he noticed the good-looking woman, but Rico didn't? Remember that the original Rico's main problem was women, so maybe Dolman has a slightly corrupt version of the Dredd/Fargo DNA, too.

ukdane

about to start a new life. He's going to have enough problems adjusting to a family

I think that could be part of the appeal, and why it would be better suited to the Meg.
Cheers

-Daney

Oddboy

It was great turning that page & seeing him full-faced!
Immediately started putting thumb ontop of upper-half of his head - but couldn't quite see it... then they say, 'facechange' and I go ahhhh!

Brilliant stuff!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Matt

We haven't seen the last of Dolman I'm sure. This is really turning out to be the most exciting time to be reading Dredd since Oz started and got the whole Necropolis ball rolling. Don't you get the impression that Wagner is weaving something big, very big together? I don't expect to see anything soon, after all the whole build up to Necropolis took years, but you don't have to look to far to see the pawns being put into place. And I still reckon that as well as Dolman & Rico, Judge Edgar and her robobutler (Narcos perhaps?) will have some part to play. Those storm clouds are gathering...

Trout

Yeah, Odds, I felt the same when I read the face change line.

But Bolt's right. This character's a backburner one.

He'll turn up again in a few years, but he's best left in the background until then.

I smell a shock twist coming one day. I don't know why. I'm just suspicious that way.

- Trout

GordonR

No, no!  Junior Dredd Goes To High School - how good does that sound.  It would be like Saved By The Bell....but with Dredd in it!

Maybe Dredd could get killed and his brain gets transplanted into Dolman, giving us New Teenage Dredd.  He could fight crime while worrying about acne, and getting funny feelings about girls.

I may phone John and suggest this to him.  He'd really like that, I bet.

Trout

Observe, mortals, the genius of Gordon Rennie.

This is why he makes his living out of writing comics and the rest of you simply collect Future Shock rejections.

What a guy.

What a legend.

- Trout

Proudhuff

No No fools! he's going to live with a family, so oit will be 'Fresh Prince', meets 'Lost in Space' with a touch of 'The Broons',

Pah don't let GRennie near it let Jaquline Wilson she's were the kids are at Man!

Yuff Huff
DDT did a job on me

Mr C

Mr C adds Teen Dredd to big list of Gordon's stuff to nick

Witchworld in Space- It's GOLD!

Krustabi

Dolman buggers off, but comes back when all seems lost in MC-1 and helps Dredd, Rico et al. save the day...

That's my (no doubt idiotic) theory anyway...

pauljholden

You fool! Call yourself a writer - clearly the only logical (not to mention sane) thing to do would be have him go bad - maybe start out with puffing some ciggies behind the bike sheds, sniffing tippex remover and then finally, badly tattoing himself with a compas tip and some biro ink. Then, at last, we'll have a bad Dredd. It's the only way to go. FACT!

- pj

therev

Hmmm...
Dredd finally dies.
Rico takes over as Dredd.
He dies after afew years and Justice Dept. shanghi's Doleman, gives him sleep-machine training and make's him the new, NEW Dredd...
but he has doubts and he's lived a normal life..

The future ReV has spoken!

petemaskreplica

I'd like to see Dolman move into a flatshare with two groovy chicks, upstairs from his grumpy landlord - with hilarious consequences!