Main Menu

Mad Max - Fury Road

Started by Colin YNWA, 30 June, 2012, 06:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Not seen a thread for this but apologise if I missed it. Anyhoo

Aside from having a great title I didn't release the mighty Brendan McCarthy has had input on this.

QuoteProduction on the film has finally kicked off in Namibia. Bleeding Cool understands that Brendan McCarthy's early input is still making up a good part of Miller's plans for the film and from what we know of those plans, this is big, brash but still very inventive and smart stuff.

That makes it sound very exciting.

Full story.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/29/mad-max-fury-road-to-be-shot-in-2d-after-all-then-converted-to-3d/

ming

Yeah, this has been in development for donkey's years, with Brendan's involvement early on.  He co-wrote it as well as contributing to the designs.

Phuz mentioned this on The Strangeness fairly recently:
http://strangenessofbrendanmccarthy.blogspot.no/2012/05/im-back-mostly-back-to-front-but-on-my.html

Not based on Brendan's designs as far as I know, but how good does this look?

Beaky Smoochies

Is it still only ...Fury Road  that Miller is shooting in Namibia?  I heard a while back he was going to shoot two new Mad Max films back-to-back, and he had finished the script on the second new one during the enforced hiatus and delays owing to one mishap after another...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Professor Bear

Good to see Miller is enthused about the franchise again after (understandably) excusing himself from filming most of the third outing, and good in general to see old-fashioned action flicks making a comeback.

JOE SOAP

They've written 3 films for the new Max series. They won't be shot bad-to-back.

McCarthy had an interesting relationship with Hollywood:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2011/12/01/waterworld-freakwave-brendan-mccarthys-road-to-mad-max-4/

JOE SOAP

ming

Thanks for the link and the new pics, Joe.  Freakwave has been a big favourite of mine for a very long time; hunting down the original run in Vanguard after coming across Strange Days (all pre-internet) was great.  I guess after the Waterworld flop, a 'Mad Max Goes Surfing' might be a hard sell, but just imagine...  The basic set-up would be fantastic; The Drifter, Rudcliff & Williams, spoilers, Captain Roaring, the giant, floating head of JFK (might leave out Mickey Death, though).

JOE SOAP

Mardroid

27 years since Thunderdome? Really?

Mind you, I saw it a while ago and I think it had been out a good while even then. And I remember I was probably in my teens or early twenties when I saw it and I'm well into the old side of 30 now, and yes. I guess it really has been that long.

Hairwolf

Next big blip on my radar after Dredd, can't wait!

JOE SOAP

Of all the films this Mad Max will have the best sound system:

and for the kids:

MR. ELIMINATOR

So is this a continuation? Is Mel Gibson in it?

MR. ELIMINATOR

Just checked internet. No it seems.

Beaky Smoochies

Poor Mel's got other, uh, 'issues' currently more pressing at the mo'...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

ming