Main Menu

Prog 1922 - Judge Dredd Road Warrior

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 14 March, 2015, 11:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: DrRocka on 19 March, 2015, 08:09:08 PM
Argh! Please tell me Bill Savage ain't gonna get shot, his brain wiped and shoved in Ro - Jaws so he can eat shit (quite literally) at Quartz's behest? It would be a cool explanation, but... So wrong

You wouldn't be the first to suggest it by any means! But luckily the Fred 2L or similar model has already been referenced by a character in this strip as having a bad attitude, so hopefully that means Bill has missed the Ro-boat.

sheridan

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 19 March, 2015, 12:55:48 PM
Really enjoyed that prog - just about every thing in it worked for me.

The DREDD was particularly good but, I can't help thinking that the maths and the logistics just don't add up. Mega City 1 is gigantic. How does Dredd get to that junction every day when he could be a thousand miles away? Similarly, as some one has pointed out, how does all of that traffic get through it? Don't people make short journeys in MC-1?  A couple of tweaks would have made it add up; it just needed to be at the busiest intersection in whatever Sector Dredd was currently in.  And the drop in crime would be attributed to that sector.  Bit if I stop being a nit-picking prick for two minutes, I really enjoyed story and art.

I'm going to tell myself that:
a) the tutor is getting on a bit and gets hazy on details
b) he's talking about a raft of mythologies
c) he meant six point five per cent or the sector's traffic (or both)

Loved the Piranesi reference, just a shame about the 'statistics' - it'd be like saying sixty five per cent of UK traffic passes through Trafalgar Square each day :-(

Jacqusie

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 14 March, 2015, 08:20:06 PM
First the cover tricked me something silly. I could have sworn it was similar to one by Brian Williamson (of all people) - it doesn't. A trawl through Barney led me to Prog 642 by Kev Hopgood (http://www.2000ad.org/functions/cover.php?choice=642&Comic=2000ad ) which it has a passing resemblence to, in that its Dredd on his lawmaster a leapin'.
...anyway...

As soon as I saw the cover I thought Kev Hopgood and that Image of Dredd, purely because he never did much Dredd stuff. Still they are both great covers and it's the most sincerest form of flattery ey?

IndigoPrime

I can't imagine anything will happen to Savage, because then we can't have another 50 books. (To be fair, I've actually quite enjoyed this latest run, but, wow, Mills does love to stretch things out...)