Main Menu

ANOTHER DREDD PHOTO

Started by JOE SOAP, 16 December, 2011, 05:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceghost

Jesus Christ...JUST WAIT FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

What exactly do people think should be happening right now? I'm pretty sure the marketing has been considered and planned well in advance by people who actually know what they're talking about.

Let's all try to be patient and see what 2012 brings eh?

Happy Xmas everyone!
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Steve Green

Quote from: Lee Bates on 23 December, 2011, 08:24:38 AM
Jesus Christ...JUST WAIT FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

What exactly do people think should be happening right now? I'm pretty sure the marketing has been considered and planned well in advance by people who actually know what they're talking about.

Let's all try to be patient and see what 2012 brings eh?

Happy Xmas everyone!

Quite.

In the last 3 days we've had trailers for the big guns in the Dark Knight Rises, The Hobbit, and Prometheus.

In the same way that Dredd is being released in a less crowded market it does make sense to not release a trailer at a time when it gets overpowered by the bigger budget, more well known films.

radiator

Yeah, so sick of people comparing Dredd to The Dark Knight Rises/The Hobbit etc etc.

Dredd has a fraction of the budget of those films, and certainly doesn't have comparable resources to engage a full-on marketing blitz so far out from release.

In terms of budget, tone and ambition it sounds like it will be closer to films like District 9 and Sunshine - medium budget sci-fi action fare.

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 23 December, 2011, 12:18:27 AMPS The Expendables 'an established franchise'???Really?

Stallone is himself the franchise. THE EXPENDABLES is, what. Part XXVII?
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Steve Green

That's a pretty good point, it's more like a collection of brands, so you're going to get the Stallone fans, the Schwarzenegger fans, the Norris fans etc.

There is a built in following there, regardless of the number of actual Expendables films so far.

People seem to forget or ignore that Dredd is pretty niche...

The Sherman Kid

Full page article on the remake/reboot of Robocop (aka Judge Dredd rip-off) in the Telegraph today.Not due to be released till 2013 ....interesting that.....

Goaty

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 23 December, 2011, 05:59:55 PM
Full page article on the remake/reboot of Robocop (aka Judge Dredd rip-off) in the Telegraph today.Not due to be released till 2013 ....interesting that.....

Yeah they got online too;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/filmmakersonfilm/8974037/RoboCop-remake-interview-with-director-Jose-Padilha.html

Psidude

cannot see Robocop being a blockbuster movie like batman spiderman,more on the same level as dredd,god i feel like i am  talking old joe down come on lets hype this film up ,too much walking on egg shells dredd will take on all comers ! nice article in the telegraph to get fans talking nice bit of PR

JOE SOAP

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 23 December, 2011, 05:59:55 PM
Full page article on the remake/reboot of Robocop (aka Judge Dredd rip-off)

Yeah, but it's a bettter Dredd film than Stallone's and the new RoboCop may again retain elements of Dredd that the new Dredd has toned down or not utilised:

Quote"The satire element of RoboCop is, I think, needed today," he tells me. "That kind of social, aggressive satire I haven't seen done well in movies lately. And it's almost like the politics and violence in the world is asking for this: 'Someone please make some satire now!' So we're going to keep that edge."

Fassbender may possibly be playing RoboCop which is interesting cos he was my absolute first choice for Dredd; he can be intimidating and authoritarian -Magneto- is great with voice-work and hasn't put in a bad performance yet, plus at times looks like a young Clint :

JOE SOAP

MR. ELIMINATOR

I'm glad fassbender ain't dredd. I always thought a old school actor would be best choice. Maybe one who was down on his luck, but had a cool voice and chin. Nick Nolte, Lance Henriksen, Kurt Russel, Steve Busecemi (he would be the best dredd)

JOE SOAP

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 24 December, 2011, 06:44:48 AM
I'm glad fassbender ain't dredd. I always thought a old school actor would be best choice. Maybe one who was down on his luck, but had a cool voice and chin. Nick Nolte, Lance Henriksen, Kurt Russel, Steve Busecemi (he would be the best dredd)

I can't imagine any of those guys running around a film-set in a leather uniform and helmet for 12 hours-a-day, and Steve Buscemi, really?

radiator

Buscemi? Could see him as Roffman maybe, but Dredd?  :lol:

Goaty

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 23 December, 2011, 06:30:10 PM

Fassbender may possibly be playing RoboCop which is interesting cos he was my absolute first choice for Dredd; he can be intimidating and authoritarian -Magneto- is great with voice-work and hasn't put in a bad performance yet, plus at times looks like a young Clint :

Yeah he is a finest actor, brilliant in Hunger and X-Men First Class, thought he was great in Inglourious Basterds, Centurion and 300! Worth to check out in new films Shame and Prometheus!

Maybe too late for Dredd, but could be involves in future Dredd films, thought he would be perfect as Cal?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 24 December, 2011, 11:57:31 AM
Buscemi? Could see him as Roffman maybe, but Dredd?  :lol:

I was thinking more Fink Angel.