Main Menu

Steve Sampson original artwork !

Started by abc warrior, 09 February, 2008, 06:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

No, it's not just you. Upon seeing the necroposting, I presumed this was another attempt to spam-sell runescape gold or wedding dresses!
STRIKE !!!

I, Cosh

Quote from: "Leigh Shepherd"Well I expect you'd find his Anderson attractive if you liked Liz Hurley, Kim Basinger, Madonna or whoever he was using photos of at the time...
Interesting inside info on this very topic over on the ProgSlogBlog. Apparently, they were all his burds!

Read all about it
We never really die.

Buddy

Quote from: "House of Usher"No, it's not just you. Upon seeing the necroposting, I presumed this was another attempt to spam-sell runescape gold or wedding dresses!

Sheesh... a year goes buy and then... BLAMO!!! it's back with a bang.

Necrposting or not, he's still shit*. Gotta be in the top five worst artists to manage to get work printed in the comic. I can only guess it was in the 'well we've payed for this crap so we may as well print it' pile.

Has Mr Sampson appeared in the Megazine or 2000ad recently??

Just curious.

* just a personal opinion, I'm sure some people think he's great, just as some people don't like Mighty Mick McMahon.. each to their own.

House of Usher

QuoteI can only guess it was in the 'well we've payed for this crap so we may as well print it' pile.
Nope, it can't be that, because they went back to fill their bucket from the same well over and over again. Them as was paying for it clearly liked it.
STRIKE !!!

chris_askham

Although I never liked his strip work, it seems that Steve is still out and about in the illustration field, to which he is much more suited. His strip pages, after all, were really just pasted together images - no story-telling whatsoever.

http://www.zen31478.zen.co.uk/

Quite like the stuff on the website though.