Main Menu

Na

Started by Zenith 666, 29 October, 2014, 02:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenith 666

Lost my beautiful mother this weekend.the woman who bought my first ever prog and started me on the road of 26 years of thrill power has passed on.any advice on how to deal with this would be greatly appreciated because I'm seeing a very bleak road ahead.

blackmocco

As trite and cliched as this will sound, just know that somewhere deep down inside we're all designed to recover from something like this. It won't be tomorrow, it won't be next week but just bear with it. So sorry for your loss.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Proteus4

Aw man - desperately sorry to hear about your loss.

Dave
My opinion is not to be trusted: I think Last Action Hero is AWESOME. And What Women Want.

HdE

So sorry to hear. Nothing I can add beyond what's already been said above, except that, as bleak as things may seem right now, every day you get through will be another step away from today.

Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Colin YNWA

I lost my Mum this year and while the passing of a loved one will affect different people in very different ways all I can really do is echo what people say. iI may not feel like it right now but you will deal with it better each day. The fact that you loved her means that you won't stop thinking about her, and sometimes that is going to make you sad, but the memories get less painful and more positive as time goes on.

TordelBack

Really sorry for your loss Zenith 666, and for yours Colin.  The advice above is better than anything I could offer.

Proudhuff

keep her in your thoughts and heart, she no doubt wouldn't want you hurt and heartbroken, like most parents she'll have been happiest when you were so she wouldn't want you pained, so concentrate on the good times and all she's given you.
DDT did a job on me

Satanist

Sorry for your loss. Lost my mum 5 years back and all I can say is that though even the best memories will hurt to begin with they will be with you always and you will grow to treasure them.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

pauljholden

Sorry to hear that, it does get easier (though it won't feel like it for a long time), and eventually, most memories elicit a smile rather than tears (though not all, but that's ok, because sometimes crying helps).

Lost my mum on 5 November 2003 and found it very tough. Things are easier now.

-pj

von Boom

Condolences on the loss of your mum Z666.

Dandontdare

sorry for your loss both of you.

Professor Bear

Nothing to add to the advice and condolences above, lads.  Sorry for both your losses.

Woolly

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss Zenith, and you too Colin. My heart goes out to you both.

I lost my Dad this march after a fairly short illness. We knew it was coming, but it still happened much quicker than expected.
I don't think the pain will ever go away (how could it?), but it does get easier to cope with given time.
I'm seeing light somewhere down the tunnel, and starting to find myself laughing at things again.
I know you will too, eventually.

Sorry i don't have any better advice for you, but hang in there Gents.
You know where we are if you need us.

ZenArcade

Zenith,  I am desperately sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts and condolences are very much with you in this really difficult time. I know it is an utterly hard place for you now; but as others have posted,it will gradually get better over time. That is not much consolation at this trying time, but there are lots of us on the forum thinking about you and your loss. This also extends to Colin and Wooly. Best regards to you and your family Z.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Gladwin

Condolences on your loss (all of you). Take each day as it comes, and just carry on living. In time it won't hurt as much, and then you can look back on your memories with joy.