Main Menu

Judge Dredd E3 Trailer

Started by Wake, 21 May, 2003, 06:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

You never know if the comic adaptation of the novelisation of the computer game of the comic strip sells well then they could turn it into a computer game.

Matt

Gordon, will your adaptation of the computer game be as memorable as the Urban Strike one? Mother funster!

GordonR

I know I'm pretty much a lone voice in the wilderness here, but I actually liked the Urban Strike strip.

It had a knowing sense of humour about it, quite aware of how gung-ho and ludicrious the premise of the Strike games was, and was quite blatantly taking the piss out of whole cheesy computer game tie-in comic strip thing.

And it had helicopters flying through underground railway tunnels several years before the idiotic finale of the first Mission Impossible film.

The running gag with the nun was also quite funny, I thought.

El Spurioso

Just thinking aloud, here, but given that it would at least make an attempt to tie-in to that all-important continuity, isn't it feasible to make a Role Playing Game based upon the comic spin-off of the novel which is based upon a computer-game which ties-in to 2000AD?

Mudcrab

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Spaceghost

Hells bells!! Can I just play the game please?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Buddy

Sort of agree with Carnivore. The graphics arn't that special (though still good). Dredd seems a bit thin. Should have gone for a Jock type design.

Still, cool to see Dredd moving about/Riding Bike etc...

Don't know about anyone else here but I wouldn't mind seeing a short animated film using these graphics.

Looking forward to the game. Anyone got a release date?

Devons Daddy

can we play online?

Yup, up to 32 players over a number of different multiplayer modes and levels, across LAN or online

oh my i think i just wet myself.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Tiplodocus

Wet yourself?

Whatever happened to Steve L'enfant Terrible?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Devons Daddy

I know I'm pretty much a lone voice in the wilderness here, but I actually liked the Urban Strike strip.

NOW GORDON.  i really enjoy your work. but please dont make such statements.in the same thread as you talk about your own script based on the game.

and also there are lurkers here who may not realise you did not write the urban strike script.
always good to clarify such things.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Generally Contrary

Ah, I now see where these garbled film synopses have come from.

Coming soon, Judge Dredd, based upon the comicbook based upon the role-playing game based upon the audio play based upon the novelisation based upon the computer game based upon the comic book, Judge Dredd.  Don't forget to read the graphic novelisation of the movie written by Chris Claremont and illustrated by John Byrne.