Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Be mindful that a massive chunk of the Rebellion Scars book is a Sláine art volume – only a smallish amount of it is strip.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 07 March, 2019, 10:08:28 AM
Be mindful that a massive chunk of the Rebellion Scars book is a Sláine art volume – only a smallish amount of it is strip.

That's a good point. I mean they could easily split the Books of Invasion differently and then stick 'The Wanderer', which is unrelated to BoI anyway, in with Book of Scars -

Vol 9 - BoI I (Moloch, Golamh, Scota)
Vol 10 - BoI II (Tara, Odacon, Carnivale)
Vol 11 - The Wanderer, Book of Scars

Think I might prefer that anyway, to be honest. Then you've got volume 10 ending on that beautiful splash page by Langley and the emotive caption to the effect of 'And so, Slaine left Ireland for ever.' I could happily call it quits and pretend the saga finished there!
@jamesfeistdraws

James Stacey

The sheer amount of Slaine is the one downside of this collection. At least there is some gorgeous art in there to compensate

Fungus

I found myself in FP a couple of days ago thumbing through Book of Scars. I'm no great fan of Slaine and may eventually pick up the first - or first three - volumes. Comments here are confirming how I feel about later stuff. Book of Scars on the other hand, does appeal...

Anyway, point is: why wouldn't Book of Scars merit a volume? Even if non-strip?

Tomontherun94

Hachette have really outdone themselves this time, instead of getting issues 39/40 they just randomly sent me a copy of issue 20 instead.

Tomwe

So have any subscribers managed to get the reprinted Horned God yet? When I chased my last delivery I asked about it, but as ever they ignored the second part of my question. I should learn never to do that. I've now asked again specifically for the reprinted #1 to be sent but no reply yet.

moldovangerbil

I'm still struggling to get them to update my account (last update 7 Dec last year).  Once (if) I ever win that battle then I plan to tackle them about the Horned God.

Tomontherun94

Quote from: Fungus on 07 March, 2019, 01:45:48 PM
I found myself in FP a couple of days ago thumbing through Book of Scars. I'm no great fan of Slaine and may eventually pick up the first - or first three - volumes. Comments here are confirming how I feel about later stuff. Book of Scars on the other hand, does appeal...

Anyway, point is: why wouldn't Book of Scars merit a volume? Even if non-strip?
I've noticed generally Hachette tend to avoid non-comic material in their books aside from cover galleries and their exclusive content, which is why text stories usually aren't reprinted in either the 2000AD or Transformers collections.

I believe, aside from the strip, most of Book of Scars is a cover gallery with commentary. As most of the books tend to include the covers as standard, along with the subscriber cover volumes, they'll probably skip it and just reprint the strip.

IndigoPrime

My 39 and 40 showed up today. Looking forward to 41 and 42 whenever Hachette deign to send them out. (I never got a response to that query.)

Still: halfway through. And I still have most of my sanity.

IndigoPrime

Er, so 41 and 42 just arrived, three days after 39 and 40. Bit odd. I'm not complaining, mind. Part two of Shakara and Vol 4 of Nemesis. Nice.

IndigoPrime

Nice volume. Hammer of Warlocks, Book X and the Prog 2000 epilogue. But that's only a third of the book, so we also get Warlocks & Wizards, Deadlock, A Day in the Death of Torquemada, The Tomb of Torquemada, Torquemada's Second Honeymoon (in greyscale, alas – the one niggle in this collection on a flick through), and Forbidden Planet.

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 March, 2019, 08:39:17 AM
Er, so 41 and 42 just arrived, three days after 39 and 40. Bit odd. I'm not complaining, mind. Part two of Shakara and Vol 4 of Nemesis. Nice.
Weird! Hope I get mine too...

IndigoPrime

I don't hold out much hope for me getting the next set on 8 April, but this month's books are well within the original schedule. (They should have been dispatched on 1 March, to arrive on or before the end of this week, assuming the 7–14 days Hachette usually states – although they sometimes go for 7–14 working days.)

Tomwe

Max Headroom

Did 'The Enigmass Variations' (Progs 723-729) make it into Nemesis vol.4?