Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Headroom

Probably a non-starter, but I'd like to see a complete Defoe in hardcovers (especially as it seems there will be no more trades from Rebellion).

AlexF

Any chance they'd consider doing a second book of Lawless under the Ultimate Collection banner, to follow on from the Mega Collection one? It'd look funny on the shelf, but it's too good a strip not to have in hardback!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 21 July, 2019, 04:23:27 PMWhen was the Dredd extension announced? Around issue 60?
I don't recall, but the Transformers one just went out, and that series is in the mid-60s. If the 2000 AD one works similarly, that suggests we'd find out if there's an extension around the end of the year – or the beginning of 2020.

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 21 July, 2019, 07:36:27 PM
At least two volumes of John Smith stuff is required. Indigo Prime, Revere, Leatherjack....plus somebody on here keeps banging on about Firekind, they may have a point.
It me! And others also. Firekind's never had any proper reprint (just one of those Extreme Editions), and it's a classic. Needs doing properly.

Oh, and in news that will shock no-one, 49/50 aren't here on time. SURPRISE!

sintec

Used some recent time off to play with that lovely pdf linked by paulbyrnewex a couple of pages back.  With a bit of faffing around I've turned it into this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pI9fmow5c28IEFVcrnnbHvNOj9lROi-Rj0pWIwAvDcE/edit?usp=sharing

First sheet is basically a listing of the stories from each prog based on the data in that pdf annotated with which Mega Collection or Ultimate Collection Volume they appeared in.  The second sheet gives us a count of the number of stories in each prog and the % of those that have been collected (so far).

I still need to integrate the richer Judge Dredd data from the pdfs Richard linked.  As a result the majority of the Dredd stories are currently lacking titles (that's the way they were listed in the original pdf). That's for another day though as I've had enough of this for today.

Big take home is (assuming I've not cocked something up massively) we've already had nearly 32% of the Prog reprinted!  The number comes out higher than my previous estimates because this data is more accurately accounting for times the prog has had less then 5 stories.  We also have a slightly longer list of complete Progs (some due to the Alan Moore book some due to better data meaning I'm now able to see complete progs which had < 5 stories).

257, 320, 322-325, 327, 329-332, 334-341, 343-359, 363, 433, 450, 555-556, 1138, 1150, 1569-1573

Anyway feel free to have a look over the data or grab a copy to play with.

Rara Avis

Still have not received my missing issues but there is a parcel out for redelivery to me next week - no idea what's in it though, hopefully all 4. No money taken so far this month and no issues received. The last issues I got where 45/46 & covers. How far behind am I now?

moly

47 and 48 have been delivered and 49 and 50 is showing on the hatchette page so should be delivered in the next week or so

IndigoPrime

Five weeks since I got 47/48. Top quality scheduling, as ever.

Rara Avis

They haven't even taken payment for 47/48.

Mattofthespurs

At one stage I was as far behind as anyone on this forum but somehow (I don't keep track of these things) I'm caught up. Got 47 & 48 at least 2 weeks ago and 49 & 50 have had the money taken and have been posted.

Tomwe

I cancelled my Hachette sub & order through Forbidden Planet now. #51 will be delivered in next few days.

Mattofthespurs

Lo and behold issues 49 and 50 have just arrived.

IndigoPrime

Same here, Mattofthespurs – a week late, but in decent condition. As for catching up, that's happened to me twice now, and then at some point it's been 6–8 weeks between deliveries.

Not sure I'd want to go the FP route for the entire run (it'd cost an extra 120 quid), but those partwork books I have bought from them have been mailed in properly bomb-proof packaging.

Tomontherun94

I would cancel and get the books from Smiths like I do for Transformers but I'm a schmuck who went for premium for the figurines.

IndigoPrime

Our local WHS doesn't get any partworks in now, and when I asked about subscribing I was met with a "we might be able to get it in for you, but cannot guarantee it". So I was like "nope".

IndigoPrime

I got curious and decided to see if the scheduling was really as bad as I thought, or if it was all in my mind. So here are the delivery records I have for this subscription, going back to last autumn. The // date is the one deliveries should be on, if you track forward 28 days from the first delivery. Something clearly went badly wrong around Christmas, but it's not like the other dates are especially impressive. (Imagine your 2000 AD slipped 38 days in nine months...)

31/32: 12 Oct
33/34: 9 Nov (28 days) // 9 Nov
35/36: 7 Dec (28 days) // 7 Dec
37/38: 1 Feb (56 days) // 4 Jan
39/40: 8 March (36 days) // 1 Feb
41/42: 11 March (3 days) // 1 Mar
43/44: 8 May (58 days) // 29 mar
45/46: [never arrived] // 26 Apr
47/48+45/46: 24 June (47 days) // 24 May
49/50: 29 July (35 days) // 21 Jun

There's only one other publisher I can think of where the scheduling is a mess and where you don't get what you bought until longer after it's in stores: Titan. (The much maligned Doctor Who: Tales from the TARDIS comic, which should probably just be put out of its misery.)