Main Menu

Tron :

Started by PeterWolf, 08 June, 2007, 05:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Apparently Tron has been banned .  I think this maybe worldwide as shops are being told to clear it from shelves.     Some of it was shot in some nucleur facility  in america and the american government are getting more paranoid by the day.

The film was a threat to national security.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Art

Did you just make this up?

Peter Wolf

No , but i am looking into it at the moment so i dont know any more than i am telling you.

Homeland security in usa have classified it as " sensitive".

Thats all i know for now.     Its just ridiculous .
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Art

Sounds made up. Where did you here this?

Quirkafleeg

You are the Master Control Program and I claim my ten pounds!

Art

http://www.vibrant.com/images/mcp.jpg">

The Amstor Computer

Fuck knows why I clicked on this thread - I should have learned my lesson by now...

Quirkafleeg

De-rez the rogue program!

Art

Well, you know, the issue of whether PeteWolf is making this shit up or is just pathetically gullible remains open.

Or it could be true I guess. ooo-ee-ooo!

Only kidding. It's clearly bollocks of some kind.

Quirkafleeg

hey just because somethings no on google news, at all don't mean it's just some bullshit. It could be true, in an alternate universe or something.

Anyway Indigo children are allowed to make shit up, or spout off the first thing that comes into their heads - it's part of them being special like them being able to push to the front of queues and that.

Bow down to your indigo masters, oh little people!

Richmond Clements

Tron's a piece of shit anyway.
I wish/hope this story is true.

M.I.K.

Here's an article regarding the apparent banning of Tron. It's a load of poop. The clue is in the name of the FBI agent...

Link: http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2007/3/28/132751/380" target="_blank">Lirpa Sloof?

Mike Carroll

This reminds me of the real reason that MACH 1 was mysteriously cancelled even though it was one of the most popular strips in 2000 AD's early days.

Apparently the US Department of Defence objected to the realistic depiction of advanced military hardware. Of course, all the designs were easy enough to find if you knew where to look (manufacturer's catalogues, college libraries, and so on), but the DoD didn't like the fact they these designs were being so widely published in a "foreign" comic and put pressure on the publishers (this is also one of the reasons that 2000 AD has never been widely available in the USA).

Just goes to show you how paranoid some people can be!

-- Mike

Art

Thu Mar 29, 2007 at 11:29:57 AM EST

Hmm.

Quirkafleeg

Anyone want to buy a spaghetti tree, I've got on on ebay. And gullable's not in the dictionary.