Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2019

Started by Dash Decent, 23 July, 2018, 02:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Dash Decent

Judge Anderson: Year Two Paperback, 384 pages  – 17th September 2019

The story behind Mega-City One's most famous telepath and Judge Dredd partner, Judge Anderson, in her second year as a Judge! Follow-up to the cult sensation Judge Anderson Year One!

In years to come, Cassandra Anderson will be a living legend, Psi-Division's most famous Judge. But for now it's 2101, and a young Judge Anderson is in her second year out of the Academy, the Eagle still gleaming on her shoulder. It's time to put her training--and her judgement--to the test.

Three original stories from female authors have Anderson taking on biker gangs and reclusive celebrities, cults and reluctant partners, and a psychic team of murderers...

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Grey Area: A Long Way Home Paperback, 208 pages  – 3rd September 2019

The stunning second volume of the dystopian satire of alien immigration cops!

North America, 2045. The Global Exo Segregation Zone (aka the 'Grey Area') is a huge holding area in Arizona housing aliens hoping to visit earth: a melting pot for disputes, crime and inter-species misunderstandings! The only thing standing in the way of chaos is the Exo Transfer Control squads: heavily-armed immigration cops that keep the peace and make sure everyone has their papers in order...

E.T.C. Captain Adam Bulliet has a lot on his plate; The Arakshu want revenge on humanity for their dead ambassador, increasing numbers of aliens are having rapturous visions, and his fraternisation with Officer Birdy isn't nearly as discrete as he thought. Not to mention a dizzyingly colossal god star is descending on Earth, and Bulliet's team are the ones suiting up to meet 'n' greet the second coming. But they might end up going further than they expect...

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

IndigoPrime

"Brad Pitt is Adam Bulliet in the smash-hit comic adaptation"

Dash Decent

Judge Dredd: The Small House
-  Paperback, 96 pages, 3rd September 2019

The critically-acclaimed and fan-lauded latest Judge Dredd tale which sent shockwaves through the universe and Mark Millar called "one of the best runs ever!"

Everything is at stake and no-one is safe - in the critically-acclaimed storyline from Rob Williams and Henry Flint, Judge Dredd and his team of hand-picked allies finally takes on the nefarious Judge Smiley, Mega-City One's behind-the-scenes manipulator - but who will be left standing at the end? And with tensions with Chief Judge Hershey at breaking point, has Dredd finally met his match?

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

The Dark Judges: Fall of Deadworld Book 2 - The Damned
-  Paperback, 96 pages, 26th November 2019

Judge Dredd universe horror for fans of Clive Barker

They are the four horsemen of the horror apocalypse -Dark Judges who declared that life itself is a crime. As they continue to turn their world into a necropolis, young Jess Childs rallies a team of survivors to rescue the one person who can help her prevent the death of the world - Judge Fairfax - who is imprisoned deep in the belly of Sector House 13. Judge Death will not let his old protégé go easily, but the Chief Judge has his own problems - Phobia and Nausea's loyalties wax and wane, Sister Psiren is struggling to supress her old identity, and her new apprentice Casey is turning out more ambitious than anyone reckoned...
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Scarlet Traces: A War of the Worlds Anthology
-  Abaddon Books, Hardback(?), 288 pages, 3rd September 2019

Collection of short stories set after the events of HG Wells' War of the Worlds

AFTER THE WAR OF THE WORLDS

It is the dawn of the twentieth century. Following the Martians' failed invasion of Earth, the British Empire has seized their technology and unlocked its secrets for themselves, rolling out new machines and ever more deadly weapons in their quest for dominance.

Editor Ian Edginton presents a rich anthology of new stories about imperialism and corruption in the world of HG Wells' most famous creation. Featuring stories by Stephen Baxter, Adam Roberts, James Lovegrove, Emma Beeby and many more.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Operation Overlord -  Paperback, 192 pages, 12th November 2019

This stunning graphic novel tell 4 extraordinary tales of heroism set during the World War II Normandy landings on D-Day, June 6th 1944.

The biggest military operation of the Second World War.

6th June 1944 - D-Day, the allies launch a great offensive in Normandy in order to definitively rid Europe of the Nazi terror. The strategic and human scale of the operation, led by General Eisenhower, is unrivalled. No less than 160,000 men will be parachuted and land on five beaches in the northern France.

Thus begins Operation Overlord.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

IndigoPrime

Argh. Deadworld's switched formats. I do hope there's a limited hardback available on the store, to match the first volume.

Apestrife

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 February, 2019, 12:48:57 PM
Argh. Deadworld's switched formats. I do hope there's a limited hardback available on the store, to match the first volume.

Says hardcover on the amazon page. Fingers crossed.

IndigoPrime

The original solicitation was HC, which is probably why Amazon still has that listed.

Apestrife

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 February, 2019, 01:35:16 PM
The original solicitation was HC, which is probably why Amazon still has that listed.

I can't find it listed as TPB elsewhere either.

If it is. Hope there's a limited HC sold on 2000ADs webshop then.

Max Headroom

I also really hope that it is a mistake that Deadworld vol.2 is listed as a tpb and not a hardcover as I want it match my first volume. Will it take us up-to-date with the current story?

Tjm86

What is going on with Rebellion on this score?  I've only ever bought the first Movie Dredd GN because they switched format.  I know folks have commented before about there being some sort of rationale but it is hard to see it considering what they do put out in hardback. 

Dash Decent

Quote from: Apestrife on 19 February, 2019, 01:26:13 PM

Says hardcover on the amazon page. Fingers crossed.

Apestrife is right, folks, so no need to panic!  Perhaps Amazon updated their description, or - more likely - I copied it down wrong.  Sorry!

Also, please keep in mind what Molch-R said earlier (here) - the stuff on Amazon etc doesn't reflect the special versions that may be made available through the webshop.

There is no need to panic!

Please disperse!  Please disperse!

Alright people...!  I'm sending in the stumm gas!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll