Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Film & TV / The Handmaid's Tale
« Last post by Modern Panther on Today at 07:24:05 pm »
The Handmaid's Tale, the sort-of-but-not-really-sci-fi series, started last night on channel 4.  Its a fanastically powerful book, and the series looks like it will live up to it.  Elisabeth Moss gives a still and seething performance, mostly in close up (it also has a striking cameo from author Margaret Atwood).  The first episode sets up the world perfectly, showing a strange world that follows a dark logic.  I would recommend watching it on catch-up.
Help! / Re: Aborted Judge Dredd comic in the 1980s
« Last post by JOE SOAP on Today at 07:01:23 pm »
What is the "legendary Prog 0" terryworld talks of? (Is this yet another publication I have no knowledge of!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/comics/2000adstrips/prog0/index.shtml

Off Topic / Re: Threadjacking!
« Last post by Tjm86 on Today at 06:11:23 pm »
Suggestions / Re: More Ampney Crucis Investigates?
« Last post by Taryn Tailz on Today at 05:56:47 pm »
Maybe I dreamt it, but I thought Ian had said there wasn't much prospect of more?

Which would be extremely odd, seeing as we left Ampney Crucis in the middle of a story arc.
Books & Comics / Re: The PARAGON comic thread
« Last post by Daveycandlish on Today at 05:34:19 pm »
When small press stalwart Stephen Prestwood died last year I almost gave up on PARAGON as he had been the backbone of the comic for so long. It was only the enthusiasm of the other contributors that encouraged me to continue. Stephen had the final episode of Bulldog in his inbox to work on but never got to it. I've now found an artist who can finish the story off - all will be revealed next issue - but in the meantime, here's one from the vaults;
Bulldog has been going for over twenty years and here's a classic story, drawn by Paul Harrison and written by Jason Cobley

How many other small press comics can boast it has had contributors of the calibre of Si Spencer, Shaky Kane, PJ Holden and Garen Ewing? (I can only think of one!) Pro letterers Jim Campbell and HdE give it a professional sheen and the likes of Chris Askham, Steven Denton and Matt Soffe have all worked on covers over the years.

PARAGON is a continuation of the fine British tradition of action adventure anthologies. If you are a fan of such things, why not give it a go?
Buy a copy from http://www.comicsy.co.uk/paragoncomic/store/products/paragon-20/ or visit the blogspot http://paragoncomic.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/paragon-20-out-now.html
Music / Re: Film Scores & Soundtracks
« Last post by Smith on Today at 05:33:17 pm »
When it comes to games, GTA Vice City is still unmatched IMO.
Flash FM is a personal favorite.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_-Kf1F06rhozPJbyUz6_XswTfuMH5n0Z
News / Re: Strontium Dog Fan Film
« Last post by Steve Green on Today at 05:31:24 pm »
Yeah can't imagine returning to it 20 years on :D
« Last post by Tjm86 on Today at 05:16:34 pm »
Didn't George Lucas say you don't ever finish a film, just a reach a point where you can't do any more with it. (although that doesn't fully explain his obsession with tweaking Star Wars.)
« Last post by Steve Green on Today at 05:13:37 pm »
Thanks,

I read somewhere that it's the difference between you knowing what you wanted to get on the page or on screen, but no-one else sees that, just the end result.

I could certainly spend another 6 months tweaking things, but the reality of bills to pay and hitting that date we'd set ourselves meant it had to go up.

I just tend to slip into a bit of a depression during post-production, since it's mostly on my shoulders by that point.

We ended up re-shooting the closeups of the dead stront, because the original wasn't gruesome enough and only held up in the wide shots. Same with the interrogation montage, we re-shot all that along with some other bits just before Christmas.

I'll be honest, it was a slog to get it done for Thought Bubble, and another slog to do it for the 40th. It's a relief to get it out the door.
Off Topic / Re: Life is sometimes sort of okay because...
« Last post by The Legendary Shark on Today at 05:05:10 pm »
When I was on the canal boat, some other boaters ran half their stuff off solar panels and swore by them. If/when I get to build my own cabin I'll be going solar/wind - f**k the grid! :D

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10