Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Film & TV / Re: GOTHAM.
« Last post by JamesC on Today at 01:10:06 pm »
Ivy is one of the absolute worst Batman characters whatever way you look at it. The only reason she gets so much mileage is that certain artists like drawing pictures of nearly-nude women and certain readers like looking at them. 
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection
« Last post by I, Cosh on Today at 01:00:54 pm »
Those are good numbers. Ditch Really & Truly and you'd have room for more Big Dave.
Except Really & Truly was the one genuinely good strip in the Summer Offensive! Happy for a Complete Big Dave at some point in the future though.
Film & TV / Re: GOTHAM.
« Last post by Professor Bear on Today at 12:54:09 pm »
That does raise the question though: couldn't they have done that with the original actress?

She's 12 or something, and portrayals of noncery might have landed Gotham with a higher age rating than its timeslot would allow.  Americans are pretty easy-going about violence, but less so about sex.

For me, the problem with the character is that TAS and The Batman - children's cartoons - had really good takes on the character's backstory before she became a sassy ninja villain type, but Gotham's take is just dull.  As with other characters, it feels like there's no plan and they're just putting her in there for the sake of a name-check.
« Last post by IndigoPrime on Today at 12:46:57 pm »
and you'd have room for more Big Dave
That, for me, very much isn't a positive. I struggle to think of anything 2000 AD has ever run that's as divisive (and, to my mind, as absurdly off target/scattergun with its barbs).
Announcements / Re: Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread
« Last post by Tomwe on Today at 12:40:03 pm »
Famous Monsters announced as issue 73 on Facebook. Looks like that will replicate the content of the Rebellion Cry Of The Werewolf book plus extras.
News / Re: Zenith returns in Prog 2050!
« Last post by Hawkmumbler on Today at 12:23:11 pm »
Well I haven't felt so betrayed since we were lead to believe that Dredd was gay, or dead, or filmed beating someone to death; I forget which one - but the outrage never fades!
Erm, excuse me, trigg-I mean spoiler warning!
« Last post by TordelBack on Today at 12:16:12 pm »
Those are good numbers. Ditch Really & Truly and you'd have room for more Big Dave.
« Last post by TordelBack on Today at 12:11:58 pm »
Well I haven't felt so betrayed since we were lead to believe that Dredd was gay, or dead, or filmed beating someone to death; I forget which one - but the outrage never fades!
« Last post by pauljholden on Today at 11:52:11 am »
Oh, really? Damn.

I'm slightly stunned that the prog's line-up conspicuously didn't list Zenith as a strip and yet fans have worked themselves up into a frenzy over a new series, or even a one-off, when it was really quite obvious that wasn't what was happening…

Agreed, but that's the fault of a certain PR droid who wasn't averse to giving that impression in the Thrill-mail

Couple of things:

1) If you're talking about Molcher, it's unlikely he saw that particular thrill mail.
2) ISN'T THE JOB OF PR TO GET YOU EXCITED ABOUT SOMETHING?

I'm with Jim, pretty clear if you read the tea leaves* that there isn't a zenith strip in that prog, but what would you have the advert lead with? "Look at this cool picture of zenith, no before you all go off half-cocked, there isn't a zenith revival coming or anything..."

(*By which I mean, just look at the full description)

-pj
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10