Main Menu

Thought Bubble 2017 - 23rd and 24th September 2017.

Started by Bhuna, 12 December, 2016, 11:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalHab

I'm trying to convince my other half that this would be a good weekend away. She's not entirely convinced by my pitch of the wonders of Leeds in September.

Andy Lambert

I'm sorry if this comes across as a stupid question, but what is Thought Bubble? I know it's an event of some kind, but is it like Lawgiver but with less Dredd and more focused on other characters/comics? Or is it a meeting place for writers and artists?

Steve Green

Comics festival - not like Lawgiver really.

No film/tv guests, just comics.

So small-press, creators, panels, plus some merchandise/books stalls etc.

Used to be 3 locations at the Royal Armouries, but is shifting location to Central Leeds this year.

Andy Lambert

Bhuna

There's a bunch from the forum members who meet up every year Andy. If you want a proper 'comic' comic con, then Thought Bubble is the place to be.
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Dodsy

Booked in at the Cosmopolitan. All usual plans are out the window this year with the change of location  :lol:
Twitter - @dodsy84

flip-r mk2

It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Dodsy

Quote from: flip-r mk2 on 19 May, 2017, 01:58:14 PM
I'm at the Cosmopolitan as well :)

filippo

Cool, might see you there. I'll be the person looking like me.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Hawkmumbler

I'm looking at booking at the Ibis Budget for just the friday night, as i'll only be staying for the Saturday this year, anyone else shacking up at the usual haunt?

Jim_Campbell

The Leeds Budget Ibis is, based on my stay a few years back, positively spartan. Without a doubt, the second shittest chain hotel I've stayed in after the Euston Travelodge. You don't even get a proper chair, just an upturned bucket that passes for a stool. If all you're looking for is a bed, it's passable but I needed a vaguely useable work space in case of last-minute corrections and the 'desk' and 'chair' combo made that impossible.

(Also, my shower was dripping loudly and continuously and it took 30 minutes to explain this to the Duty Manager, so poor was his command of English. The chap they sent to fix it managed to disable the hot water in the process, so my shower the following morning stretched the definition of lukewarm into fucking freezing.)

Not recommended.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

Oh shit really? I was under the impression it was fairly frequently used by forumites for the con and i'd never heard word of mouth that negative before. Well thats given me second thoughts...

Bhuna

I've stayed there for the past two years. It's everything Jim has said (except the shower) but if you want a cheapo place to crash then it should do. On the plus side there is a cracking pub across the road that does a brill cooked breakfast, good beer and decent scran.
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Large48

In terms of hotels, it's pretty simple the UK over isn't it............... ;-)

You generally pays for what you get...........

Cheap shyte = cheap shyte

Reasonable = Reasonable

Over priced crap = over priced crap with better lighting...

:-X
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Hawkmumbler

FINALLY got everything booked and ready for the con. After the faff that was MCM Manchester i'm looking forward to actually going to a superior con again, jovus.  :lol:

Dr Feeley Good

Anyone there the Saturday look out for me,I am trooping with the UKG as a Judge from the movie...my badge is Judge Jack... ;)