Main Menu

Retro Dredd game from 1995 coming to steam this year

Started by metalmarc, 13 May, 2018, 03:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalmarc

Suprised there is no thread for this yet, anyone else see it in this weeks thrill mail?

Used to own that on the Megadrive all those years ago, should be good for a laugh, I never did complete it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/690250/Judge_Dredd_95/

Also I would totally buy it if they released it on the Switch, just saying.

Professor Bear

If your trip is nostalgia, it's worth pointing out that the SNES and Megadrive had slight differences aside from the almost identical sound and graphics: the control layout on MD was - IMO - simpler because it had to accommodate fewer buttons, while the SNES had primitive 3d sections where you controlled Dredd's flying Lawmaster.

Keef Monkey

I tried a playthrough of the SNES version quite recently, and couldn't figure out how to leave the first level! I'm sure I was just being a berk (old games are hard), I should dig it out and have another look.

TordelBack

I rented a SNES console, this Dredd game and (I believe) Super Star Wars from the Video Shop for a weekend (yes kids, this was a Thing You Could Do in the early-mid 90s).  It was bloody awful, all of it. 

JamesC

I quite liked this game and I still have my old SNES copy.
I play lots of retro games and while this isn't up there with the best of them it holds it's own against most similar licenced titles of the era (received wisdom is that licenced games like this are almost always crap but there are quite few I find enjoyable, this among them).
There are some nice touches in the game and I still think tha animation and sprite work looks pretty great.

Link Prime

Had that on Megadrive, quite a tough game.

Got to the final stage if I recall, but didn't defeat all of the Dark Judges (was Fire the final boss)?

I've vague recollections of the panicked fumbling of switching to a Boing™ Lawgiver round after blasting the hell out of a Dark Judge and having it's spirit form erratically speed toward me for a no-checkpoint kill.

Sandman1

I would definitely buy the game if they released it on PSN, Xbox Live or the Switch.
Error...

Dr Feeley Good

Enjoyed it at the time, would like to see it on android and apple...  ::)

GrudgeJohnDeed

I had it on SNES, it wasn't perfect by any stretch but I loved it. I was ecstatic to see that although it was ostensibly a movie tie-in game, the artist had just drawn comic book Judge Dredd for the players sprites, and bloody well! Gorgeously animated too! And they got the Dark Judges in there. Massive hunch the people making it were proper fans of the comic, I'd love some behind the scenes knowledge of the development. Also a Sequel. And current console releases of both.

IndigoPrime

At least it's not the Melbourne House game coming back.