Main Menu

how to do a prog slog

Started by sheridan, 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexF

Yes, along with the various efforts cataloguing female Judges, BAME characters and smiling Dredds, someone somewhere is compiling a list of all panels featuring nudity. I'm genuinely curious to know if the Prog displays more naked boobs or dangling wangs; I reckon it's a close thing.

And no, I'm not tackling this one!

sheridan

Quote from: AlexF on 20 October, 2016, 03:55:44 PM
Yes, along with the various efforts cataloguing female Judges, BAME characters and smiling Dredds, someone somewhere is compiling a list of all panels featuring nudity. I'm genuinely curious to know if the Prog displays more naked boobs or dangling wangs; I reckon it's a close thing.

"tackle" *hur-hur* shut up beavis :)

p.s. don't miss out Probe's bottom in the very first prog ;)

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

sheridan

After that juvenile interlude (I'm sure there'll be more) it's back to the slog, with Prog 23: The Plague from Pluto!

ZenArcade

Ok, 3 progs per day. I'm starting on 1st Nov. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

sheridan

Quote from: AlexF on 20 October, 2016, 03:55:44 PM

It's not full nudity, but Prog 24 features Shako tearing the clothes off of a trooper sent to kill him one at a time until he's in his underwear.  Other than that, Kev O'Neill starts to make an impact (that you can see on the page, that is).

sheridan

Quote from: ZenArcade on 22 October, 2016, 10:20:51 AM
Good luck, ZenArcade!  My tip - if you want to keep on schedule, don't update blogs and wikis as you go along!

ZenArcade

Any advice much appreciated Sheridan. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

sheridan

I'm getting pretty close to my first annual - not sure exactly which progs it will fall between, but it's a few weeks off yet.  In the meantime: Prog 25: Mega-City... Murder by Meteor!

sheridan

sheridan

Quote from: ZenArcade on 22 October, 2016, 10:20:51 AM
Did you get started?  And keep it up?

Spurred on by the upcoming celebrations, I've taken my latest out of drafts and published it.

Prog 27

sheridan

How not to do a prog slog!  I came to the first annual, and suddenly found almost anything else at all to do that was more interesting.  Can I go back to the weekly progs now?

AlexF

I have a strong suspicion that the way to do a Prog Slog is NOT to read the Annuals! And maybe not the Specials, either - although there are bound to be some exceptions at some point, where there are key chapters in the sagas of Rogue Trooper and Tyranny Rex to name two examples.

sheridan

Quote from: AlexF on 14 May, 2019, 03:11:19 PM
I have a strong suspicion that the way to do a Prog Slog is NOT to read the Annuals! And maybe not the Specials, either - although there are bound to be some exceptions at some point, where there are key chapters in the sagas of Rogue Trooper and Tyranny Rex to name two examples.

I think the Judge Dredd annuals are all pretty good, and the 2000AD ones from 1985 onwards*, it's just everything prior to those that will drag...

* the one's I grew up with!

sheridan

You wait ages for a prog slog post, then two come along at once (well, within a week of each other).

Prog 28: Terror at 20,000 Fathoms!.  Better get started on the next one, or it'll be another two years...