Main Menu

Battle stations - War Picture Library coming February 2020

Started by Dash Decent, 29 November, 2019, 10:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Battle Stations: War Picture Library - Hardcover, 64 pages, 20th February 2020

The first in a major series of new collections bringing the long lost UK war comics of Italian art maestro Hugo Pratt to the public in stunning new editions.

Two brothers of differing rank have to make extraordinary sacrifices in the line of the toughest duty.  This is a true story of courage under fire; a high-octane story of a blistering World War II naval battle. All illustrated by Hugo Pratt, one of the world's most renowned comic book artists. This thrilling war picture story marks the beginning of the Treasury of British Comics mission to return all of Pratt's UK work to print. Published in an oversized format befitting the importance of his incredible and highly influential artwork.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Jade Falcon

Interesting but a little pricy for what it is, 64 pages isn't much at all.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

CalHab

It's similarly priced to other English-language editions of Pratt's work but it's very much on the high side for a British comic.

TordelBack

That price is pretty standard for the type of euro-album it appears to be, i.e. steep enough, but the whole cover design is doing it no favours in my eyes.

Jade Falcon

Perhaps, but 64 pages is equivalent to a standard Commando comic, though I imagine that the book itself will be larger, I'd just prefer to spend that equivalent on something else.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Colin YNWA

Its going to be a fascinating read. Given how brilliant Pratt's Corto Maltase is I'm really interested to see his earlier art and how that will impact in what I assume will be a very different type of story. Its expensive but I know I'll end up getting it.