Main Menu

Unravelling History: a guide to The Order

Started by TordelBack, 02 August, 2020, 01:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Quote from: TordelBack on 05 August, 2020, 01:12:37 PM
Quote from: broodblik on 05 August, 2020, 12:47:29 PM
Barney deems Prog 2015 xmas special as a special and not as part of the regular line-up. I am sure it will give a reference to the xmas prog somewhere

It does indeed (never doubt Barney!), I just didn't see it, only the bit that said "The Order, 12 Episodes, Progs 1912-1922". I'm just thankful we've ditched that annual-naming scheme...

I agree with you for me it never made sense to have your xmas prog as a different numbering (based upon year). If the xmas progs where alone standing prog with everything in it a one-shot then yes. The xmas prog was always used to mostly work as a jump-on-prog everything is new with a few leftovers.

But to get back on track here if I had the energy or the research time building an org-graph will help trace the cast of the series.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

TordelBack

Heh,  working on it as we speak!  I have 7 incarnations of the Order on that to-do list, plus schismatic offshoots, various seedline individuals and Ritterstahl aliases that I can't tie to a particular lineup...  A chart is the ultimate goal!

I, Cosh

Quote from: TordelBack on 05 August, 2020, 12:37:30 PM
Only the second entry in this series, and already a correction: The Order actually started in Prog 2015 (Christmas Version), not Prog 1912 as stated above (and on Barney!). 

Hmm. This scholarly stuff is all very well and good but lets not get ahead of ourselves...

We never really die.

Magnetica

Fantastic stuff Tordels. This is really going to help. What it shows is I have actually followed it more than I think I have, but crucial elements are lost on me, so I have been missing the overall context. A guide like this should do wonders with helping on that regard.

TordelBack

Quote from: I, Cosh on 05 August, 2020, 02:10:08 PM

Hmm. This scholarly stuff is all very well and good but lets not get ahead of ourselves...

Yeah yeah, but what have you done for me lately.