13). Sinister Dexter
14). Anderson
15). The Dead Man
16). Cabalistics Inc
17). Rogue Trooper (Rogue)
18). Indigo Prime
19). Stainless Steel Rat
20). Shakara
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Good, very good list so far. Delighted to see Sinister Dexter place so high. While they are much higher for me the bad press they get these days mean that this is a great finish for them.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

PsychoGoatee

Right on, nice to see The Dead Man on there. One of the greats. And agreed Sinister Dexter are mondo cool.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Great to see SiniDex so high on the list. And what do all the others have in common that SiniDex doesnt..? Oh yes, attractive paperback collections, presenting all the stories in order. Bah.

SBT

broodblik

I am not the biggest SinDex fan but I would grab a collection of the early works since this is a big partt of what I missed during my hiatus.

Colin YNWA

I think the problem is as Sinister Dexter is such a flexible format for story there's just not as much incentive to do a 'complete' collection. Well aside from the fact IT'S ACE!

Well that and sales I imagine.

broodblik

I still find it strange that you do not really get any collections of SinDex. For a strip running for such along period it must be popular, so why no collections?

Magnetica

I just love SinDex. Don't understand all the naysayers.

Over on the other Internet place there was a recent question as to whether Dan Abnett should write Dredd. Why should he when Sinister Dexter is such a flexible format and allows for all the sorts of stories you can do with Dredd, from comedy one offs, short multi parters to epics?

broodblik

Positions 4 - 10:

4). Slaine
5). Halo Jones
6). ABC Warriors
7). Zenith
8). Brink
9). Bad Company
10). Button Man

AlexF

Yup, I'd buy an end-of-year bumper Prog with THAT line-up!

Magnetica

I'm pretty sure what the top 3 will be. Question is, will there be a surprise in terms of the order? What I mean is, there is one thrill I would have picked before the start to be the winner, but I'm not so sure the voting has gone that way.

Colin YNWA

Yeah the top three are predictable - the order though could be fascinating.

Its great to have a recent (well I still consider Brink recent) in the top 10. We can be a tied and conservative bunch (small 'c', small 'c') us comic fans so that warms the cockles.

I think if we do the same for the Meg a recent thrill will have an even bigger impact maybe?

Colin YNWA

Oh and also its a shame, but probably compleltely predictable that only one self contained story has made the top 20 and that one is arguably an extension of a very long running series.

It goes to show that while the done and gone thrills of folks like John Smith have a massive impact they don't have the time to work their ways into our hearts the way longer running stories do. I found that with my own list.

broodblik

With multiple stories a series has always a better change. A self-contained stories must be really special.

I will also publish the complete list tomorrow plus the total points.  Yip the top was close, very close.....