Main Menu

The 2000 AD Messageboard Advent Calendar COMMENTS Thread 2019!

Started by Pete Wells, 30 November, 2019, 10:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abelardsnazz

Love the greetings card image and the Lego. Great stuff.

Bolt-01

Pete Wells

Fantastic Mr Ming! The snow is particularly effective too. Really lovely!

Tiplodocus

Fabulous stuff. I laughed long and hard at Button Man and Mongrol.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dandontdare

Oh Pete, Pete, Pete, you made me do an embarrassing guffaw on the tram when I got to the doctor's first "hnnnnnng" (bonus points this year for not singing!)

Comrade Green is sentenced to 20 years in the iso-gulag for referencing a ideologically unsound individual.

Ming - took me a moment to get it, but it's awesome (lovely effect on the edge of the snow)

Eamonn - I'll be sticking in a bid, some choice items there, and well done for your tireless fundraising throughout the year.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

SpaceSpinner2000

Lovely work everyone so far!

Pete - You had me going for way too long with this!

Steve - This is great, though I think based on a storyline I haven't read yet!

Ming - Excellent Lego work as always, I've never seen a lego snow angel and this is inspired!

Eamonn - A lovely tribute well done! Also mighty chuffed that I'm batting cleanup for it :D
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Funt Solo

Loved the punchline under Mongrel. Listening to all the tributes on the Book Club - fascinating and heartfelt.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Pete Wells

Of God! I teared up so many times during Eamonn's tribute. Carlos was just so lovely, wasn't he?

JayzusB.Christ

Genuine comments now.

Loved it, Pete. Well played.  I was utterly convinced.

Steve: great stuff.  Thought it was one of Mike Carroll's photomanips for a second, which is a good thing.

The snow angel was really, really nice and reminded me of the Lego Movie.

Eamonn- dying to listen to the Carlos tribute and kicking myself for not sending something.  I'll definitely enter the raffle too.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Steve Green

Particular shout out to Owen on the memories - 'the King Carlos' moment summed it up so well!

CrazyFoxMachine

Cheer Steve :) Amazing work compiling that all so quickly Eamonn and really touching to hear everybody else's Carlos memories. I can't believe it's well over a year now. Or even that he's gone at all.  :'(

Also I'm so glad I saw Frank's image just before going to sleep as well, this will be swimming through my mind all night.

Pete Wells

Ha ha ha! Just saw Frank's image! What a sight to wake up to! Such a beautiful image, very powerful, yet so soft and tender.

And good gravy, Little Pete has never looked so magnificent! Merry Christmas indeed!  :lol:

Steve Green

I expect a bidding war between Regened and Hachette's extension for that piece.

Dandontdare