Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 23 October, 2015, 03:35:02 PM
There's a Top Cow Humble Bundle currently up for grabs. No sure there's owt there for me but it does look like a pretty good deal if there's anything of interest?

https://www.humblebundle.com/books

Rising Stars is pretty good (It's by J Michael Strazcisnskzcxczixnxkzkzxinski -pretty much Midwich Cuckoos with Superheroes). The only other one I've read anything of is Witchblade which was awful.

Hawkmumbler

Whitchblade as a concept is fantastic, but was mired in fanservice and muddy art for decades. The recent reboot, Switch, is a remarkably fantastic and fresh comic book. Really recommend that.

The Adventurer

The Top Cow bundle is both tempting, but a low priority. I really like Ron Marz, and he's been writing a lot of Top Cow for a number of years. But I have no real interest in Top Cow as a property.

That said, complete Rising Stars and Midnight Nation might be enough to get me to jump on it. At least those are know qualities.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Tjm86

I'd have to give a recommend to Midnight Nation.  Nice little read and very underrated for my money.  Nice artwork and an interesting story.

Dan Banks

Robbie Burns Witch Hunter can be found on comixology for £3.50 if you use the codeword TREAT as part of this offer: https://www.comixology.co.uk/Submit-Halloween-Sale/page/8596?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Mardroid

Dan Banks

No probs.

I expect this is on most 2000ad fans read list and what a steal it is at that price!

Spaceghost

Quote from: Dan Banks on 24 October, 2015, 08:13:04 PM
Robbie Burns Witch Hunter can be found on comixology for £3.50 if you use the codeword TREAT as part of this offer: https://www.comixology.co.uk/Submit-Halloween-Sale/page/8596?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Bought it. Damn you. DAMN YOU!

If anyone spots any other bargains, can they please wait until after I get paid to post them? Thanks.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

I, Cosh

Quote from: Spaceghost on 26 October, 2015, 02:36:17 PM
Robbie Burns Witch Hunter can be found for £3.50 on comixology if you use the codeword TREAT as part of this offer
I hope you realised Department of Monsterology is in there too?
We never really die.

Spaceghost

Quote from: The Cosh on 26 October, 2015, 02:58:06 PM
Quote from: Spaceghost on 26 October, 2015, 02:36:17 PM
Robbie Burns Witch Hunter can be found for £3.50 on comixology if you use the codeword TREAT as part of this offer
I hope you realised Department of Monsterology is in there too?

Ah, I was one step ahead there. Bought it when it first came out.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Albion

The Works are selling Dave Gibbons Watching the Watchmen for £8.00.

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

IronGraham

IDW mini series sale some great picks I'd recommend Rio, Starslammers, Rouge Trooper and Rockateer
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IronGraham on 03 November, 2015, 05:15:04 PM
IDW mini series sale some great picks I'd recommend Rio, Starslammers, Rouge Trooper and Rockateer

Uh that's a good fine some superb stuff there. I picked up StarSlammers - well 300ish pages of Walt Simonson for 5 quid what's not to love about that! And Winterworld, the ongoing (well it was but its included in this sale) was pretty good so always meant to pick this up.

If anyone is thinking of getting any Rocketeer I say defo go Cargo of Doom that was relly good, Spirit and was pretty disappointing given how unreasonably excited I was by it.

Rio is brilliant BUT if you can splash out on the physical copy its a quite beautiful thing.

Link Prime

IronGraham

Invincible Sale one of my favorite ongoing superhero comic. The other favourite is Astro City. :D
We're werewolves not swearwolves