Main Menu

Isn't it about time for another Dredd/Batman crossover?

Started by Tarantino, 11 April, 2014, 11:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarantino

Like it says in the title bar, isn't it about time for another Dredd/Batman crossover? Surely the success of the previous crossovers would warrant another story.

It's been a long time since Dredd did any crossover stories, and it must be worthwhile for Rebellion (sorry Tharg) and DC comics to make this happen.

How about it guys, has this got you thinking?

Tarantino

NapalmKev

How about a Superman crossover? Dredd could shoot the cheesy fool with Kryptonite bullets and then send 'Fairly Hyper Man' in to finish the job.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

JOE SOAP

radiator

QuoteIt's been a long time since Dredd did any crossover stories

It's only been a couple of months since the last one - IDW's Mars Attacks! Judge Dredd.

As for the Batman stories - I could be wrong but I always got the impression that the first one (Judgement on Gotham) was a huge success but the subsequent ones weren't so much. The fact that it's been nearly twenty years since the last one indicates that there isn't much demand.

Recrewt

I quite liked the first one but the other three not so much.  As Joe mentions, it seems unlikely that it will happen currently as Rebellion have partnered with IDW.

I'm not against crossovers but they often fail to deliver.  If I'm honest, I got a bigger buzz when Johnny Alpha appeared in Judgement Day than the Dredd/Batman crossover. 

radiator

Judgement is undoubtedly the best of the Batman crossovers, but I've got a soft spot for Vendetta in Gotham. The other two are OK but feel a bit throwaway. Die Laughing feels like it should have been this big epic but as with a few other Wagner/Grant stories it just sort of goes out with a whimper.

Frank

There was some fun stuff in three of the four Batman stories, but nothing to elevate or distinguish them from the kind of strip that sees print in the Dredd slot most weeks of the year. The only point in a crossover is if the thematic concerns and subject matter throw an interesting light upon some aspect of the characters, and none of the Dredd/Batman books did so. I liked Wagner and Grant's original intention of using the characters as cyphers to illustrate the difference between the law and justice, before they gave up and decided just to have a laugh instead.

If Rebellion or IDW think they can drum up more sales by pitting Dredd against Ben 10, they should feel free to do so, but I would only buy it if it was any good.

COMMANDO FORCES

I'd like to see Justice Department take on the whole DC and Marvel universes and kill all of those vigilantes in their stupid costumes :lol:

dweezil2

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 11 April, 2014, 05:53:03 PM
I'd like to see Justice Department take on the whole DC and Marvel universes and kill all of those vigilantes in their stupid costumes :lol:

Works for me!    ;)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

HdE

I actually predict it'll be Dredd who finally kills Wolverine.

You like that? Bit topical, eh?
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Skullmo

Quote from: HdE on 14 July, 2014, 01:49:55 AM
I actually predict it'll be Dredd who finally kills Wolverine.

You like that? Bit topical, eh?

Is it? Is Wolverine going to die or something?

I only have time for 2000ad ;-)
It's a joke. I was joking.

Proudhuff

Isn't it about time for another Dredd/Batman crossover?

No.
DDT did a job on me