Main Menu

Was there ANY news of the Dredd movie at Bristol??

Started by Buddy, 17 May, 2011, 05:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Emperor

Quote from: mogzilla on 19 May, 2011, 08:18:22 PM
is that the quickest turnaround of a scojo?

No, Jim has managed to get it down to minutes. He was clearly slacking earlier.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Molch-R

I was half way through my reply when the little warning bell rang in my head. I'll take that fiver in unmarked 5p pieces, thanks.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 19 May, 2011, 12:25:44 PM
QuoteI'm not sure why people feel the movie studios should respond to their demands.

It's that good old internet sense of entitlement!
It's the same thing that allows people to explain just what George Lucas is doing wrong with a property he owns.

Not really the same thing at all, I think it's good and fair to criticise a film after it's released, in the case of Lucas it was a learning experience on how not to make a film which benefitted many, him owning the right to make it his way means little by then. Demanding to know as if it's your right how a film is being made and to see material while it's happening is just childish.

The Sherman Kid

I hope that's a joke about Scanner being banned, that was a great post (welcome to the forum by the way).
A lot of posts seem to be missing the point.Judge Dredd is driven by the fans, they have kept him going over 30 years now and long may he continue.Without the fans there would be no 2000ad, no Megazine.... NO movie.There may be only 20 or 30 thousand readers now but over 30 years plus there must be over 300,000 who have dipped into the delights of 2000ad over the years at least,(for a long period 2000ad had 100,000 readers of the weekly).Basic maths will tell you that if a good percentage is interested (which I'm sure they will be) and they take a friend/friends or spouses to see it then you have a substancial audience.Especially as fans tend to make multiple viewings (I know I will, whether it's good or bad in the hope they will make another )
DNA SHOULD do a Q&A on here and other sites to generate interest (which would do nothing to subtract from the film).A few stills would do no harm either ,especially when specifically launched on sites devoted to fans like this ..hint hint ;).Scanner did not say that should include straight away ,the best stills like Anderson or Dredd in action but snippets to steadily grow anticipation.To completely neglect fans as they have so far ,to date, is plain dumb dumb dumb

PS Buddy love your posts but please change your pic it's horrible  :o

Molch-R

'Scanner' is yet another alias of the perennial troll beneath our metaphorical bridge. He has been banned from this forum for a very long time.

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Molch-R on 19 May, 2011, 11:57:18 PM
'Scanner' is yet another alias of the perennial troll beneath our metaphorical bridge. He has been banned from this forum for a very long time.
I know I am relatively new on here , but am I missing something... :-*I did not see anything wrong with his argument -how on earth did you know it was him as it was a first post?

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I suspect it had something to do with IP addresses and whatnot. I'm just going to adjust me tinfoil hat, just in case there are more sinister forces at work
You may quote me on that.

Molch-R

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 20 May, 2011, 12:25:02 AM
Quote from: Molch-R on 19 May, 2011, 11:57:18 PM
I know I am relatively new on here , but am I missing something... :-*I did not see anything wrong with his argument -how on earth did you know it was him as it was a first post?

After being a poster on this forum for a decade now and after numerous Scojo incursions, you can generally spot him from a mile off. A quick check of his IP address confirmed it.

The Sherman Kid

[/quote]

After being a poster on this forum for a decade now and after numerous Scojo incursions, you can generally spot him from a mile off. A quick check of his IP address confirmed it.
[/quote]
I see...it's the Titan trip for him then.Just out of interest have the film options been taken up for Nikolai Dante and Strontium Dog been taken up by anybody as I'm just about to check my lottery numbers... :D

Michaelvk

I must say, even for me it's fading rapidly from my memory.. That was until I A: opened a removal box the other day and found my souvenir, and B: put on a fresh shirt this morning with a massive Dredd logo in it..

I must admit though, even for the Transformer movies they seem pretty okay with stuff leaking out from a ridiculously early stage.. There's no such thing as bad publicity.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

mogzilla

Quote from: Michaelvk on 24 May, 2011, 03:09:26 PM
I must say, even for me it's fading rapidly from my memory.. That was until I A: opened a removal box the other day and found my souvenir, and B: put on a fresh shirt this morning with a massive Dredd logo in it..

I must admit though, even for the Transformer movies they seem pretty okay with stuff leaking out from a ridiculously early stage.. There's no such thing as bad publicity.
any chance of a pic?

dweezil2

I was sat in the local cinema last night and a tingle of awareness and anticipation passed through me that before long I'd be watching a trailer for the new Dredd film!

Happy days!  :D
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

The Sherman Kid

Michael, as an industry 'insider' ,what sort of box office take would it need to prompt/guarantee or near to, a sequel -double or triple the cost to make the first or more.Your thoughts please...

JOE SOAP