Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Call-Me-Kenneth

So much great artwork over the last few days!
Amazing stuff guys!

I am particularly fond of the McMahon Deadlock cover....

Love the Cliff cover Dale, I agree with Skullmo that it is very Bolland-esque, which is obviously no bad thing!

Spikes

Quote from: SimeonB on 10 July, 2013, 08:00:24 PM
Never one to disobey Ming

You my friend, are a bona fide art addict! Congrats on snagging your recent haul - good stuff!

And regarding your DoC page its from Prog 1762 - DoC:The Assassination List Part 4.

Wake

Just bought a Mechanismo splash from the first story, and took the opportunity to upload some Colin MacNeil pages for sale from Insurrection and Tour of Duty.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Wake on 11 July, 2013, 11:28:55 AM
Colin MacNeil pages for sale from Insurrection and Tour of Duty.

Bloody hell, those Insurrection pages are a bargain, IMO!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

hippynumber1

ming

Yeah, lovely art and very nice prices... I'll pass, but it's tempting.

Simon Beigh

Quote from: Judge Jack on 11 July, 2013, 10:19:36 AM

You my friend, are a bona fide art addict! Congrats on snagging your recent haul - good stuff!

And regarding your DoC page its from Prog 1762 - DoC:The Assassination List Part 4.

Rubbish. I can stop anytime I like. Anytime... No, you're right, I can't... I am addicted  :)

Thanks for the Prog info. I can upload that page to CAF now!

Spikes

Aye, those Insurrection pages are summat else. I can imagine those taking an age to draw.
Superb stuff, and the other pages are pretty darn good, as well.

Very tempting indeed.
But ill have to see if another piece is gonna be heading my way, before i can think about owt else, though.

Wake

Here's a question. I bought these Durham Red pages by Modesty Blaise artist Enrique Badia Romero for £160 each but they arrived damaged (two vertical creases), which is a real shame because the pages are lovely. What are they worth now? How much would you pay for them? I've put one up for sale at £140, in case anyone wants to vote with their wallet.

Spikes

Wouldnt those creases smooth out, Wake?
Im pretty sure they would - but the best way to go about it, im not sure.
Ive had a couple of pieces arrive from the States, that had become slightly creased in transit, and those ironed out fine - cloth over the iron, of course!

Or use some kind of press to straighten them out?

hippynumber1

I was going to bid on that second one myself but hadn't got the cash available; kind of glad I didn't looking at those creases.  Were they done during transit by whichever postal service?  I don't recall the seller mentioning the creases in the listing...

ming

The creases don't look too bad and as Iain said, they'd probably flatten out (especially if framed).  Only a slight dip in value (if any), I guess.

Wake

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 11 July, 2013, 01:32:38 PM
I was going to bid on that second one myself but hadn't got the cash available; kind of glad I didn't looking at those creases.  Were they done during transit by whichever postal service?  I don't recall the seller mentioning the creases in the listing...

They were done in transit. When shipping artwork in a corrugated cardboard sandwich, make sure that you have at least one sheet with the grain going the other way.

I think they should smooth out a little more with careful ironing, but I'm not sure they'll ever be invisible.

ming

Cam sent me a few pages a few years ago (including that Warlord cover) - sandwiched in a single layer of cardboard and shipped internationally...  Luckily there were no creases but seeing the flimsy packing gave me palpitations.  Cam's packaging these days is bombproof, though (took me ages to get into the last package he sent).

seanharry

Romero's artwork is gorgeous. If Ezquerra isn't available, he makes a damn fine replacement on Durham Red.

I'm sure that those creases would go after a while in a frame?