Main Menu

Non 2000ad artwork that you own ....

Started by Fatboydale, 20 January, 2013, 07:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatboydale

A few Sonic the Hedgehog pages by Mick McMahon ...

Spikes

Fatboydale

Was changing my post , and was locked out ....anyways here are the links again ...

Link Prime

They're great Dale.
Do you really need them all? I'd be happy to take one off your hands for 50 quid!

Fatboydale

o1s1n

Holy Jaysus Dale! I knew you had all those Sonic covers, but didn't know you had internal pages too! That's some collection.

I'd also be interested in one if they ever come up for sale :)

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Fatboydale

A cute Dave Gibbons Watchmen page ....

A not so cute John Higgins page

Dunk!

Love that Early Gibson.

Green eyed Dunk!
"Trust we"

Skullmo

I'm getting you a duster for Christmas Dale.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Recrewt

Quote from: Skullmo on 31 July, 2013, 08:26:23 PM
I'm getting you a duster for Christmas Dale.

HaHa!  Nice Watchmen pages Dale, especially that first one which would look great on the wall. 

Not so much a fan of the black mounting board though - thats just too oppressive isn't it?

hippynumber1

I prefer black mounting board to white.

Skullmo

Shocking pink always works really well too.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Recrewt

Well, a slow day at work has given me the opportunity to knock up this little beauty:

I await Tharg's call for professional Colourist work.  ;)

Firstly, I think the mounting is too 'tight' anyway.  This might be down to the actual artwork but there is no border at all round the edge of the artwork, which really doesn't help. 

For me, the white border allows the art to come forward whereas the black border is more prominent on the right-hand picture and is pushing the art to the background.  It's almost like you are looking at it through a letterbox.

hippynumber1

Now, to my eye, the white washes out the artwork while the black allows the lighter areas to pop forward! But I'm famous for knowing nothing!