Main Menu

Hang on to your dissapointment it's The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen pics!

Started by seeneester, 02 January, 2003, 05:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mk13

Definitely Blame it on Rio - I literally cringed all the way through that one, and his cameo in the Get Carter remake was some form of autoerotic necrophilia.

Mind you, I did see him recently in the Honorary Consul, and he was very good indeed.

GordonR

Also for your consideration:  On Deadly Ground.  Not only starring, but also directed by, Steven Seagal.  Caine plays a nasty oil biz industrialist out to ecologically rape the Artic.

After spending 90 minutes breaking bones and wrenching joints out of their sockets, tubby Inuit martial arts expert and dodgy ponytail-wearer Seagal gets to deliver a heartwarning message about saving the planet.

Michael, I don't care how steep the rent is on the Bel Air mansion and the Malibu beach house.  Have you no shame at all?

Wils

'Dressed to Kill' was rather cringe-worthy as well.

petemaskreplica

Matt Timson

Is it just me, or does "Dante" look like he'd be more at home whipping a few MPs in his dungeon?!?
Pffft...

Art

Yeah, but I can forgive any man who'd run around in a nappy in the name of art*.

(*) Refrence to 1974 hippy drugs film "Zardoz".

Matt Timson

Zardoz was on the telly the other night and I was going to watch it- just to see if it was as shit as I recall- but I forgot.

That's not much of a story really, is it?
Pffft...

Art

Heres the review from IMDB:

This is one of the worst films I've ever seen; the director should change his name to John Boring. Really, what the hell was Boorman trying to make light of in this film, ecology, psychology, sociology ... Give me answers here people. Now I'm all for intelligent cinema, but this film is just plain dull, it doesn't even make sense when you try to look at the plot. And what about all those topless women, it may be nice to look at but why are they there, are women not aloud clothes in the future or something. This is campy, sci-fi masquerading as high art, it's pure self-indulgence on Boorman's part. And whoever had the idea of putting Connery into those pants should be shot... Avoid like the plague...

All of which is more or less true, and yet it remains one of my favoritest films evah.

See also: Dune

Slippery PD

Never seen Zardoz,  but know the basic plot.  However, I do like Dune a lot.  It has to be said as flawed as it is, its a valiant attempt to portray a book thats extremely multi faceted.  With some rather grand themes.  Its David Lynch for fecks sake.....  Of course its gonna be odd.

Sheesh.  Rant over.

Yer Slippo

Mk13

>Yeah, but I can forgive any man who'd run around in a nappy in the name of art*.

But Highlander 2 has got to be unforgiveable (not to mention First Knight and Entrapment)...

and as for Caine - The Swarm, anyone?

W. R. Logan

Wasn't it Caine who also said that he'd never seen Jaws 4 but hes seen the view from the house that it paid for.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Queen Firey-Bou

Jaws - the revenge
(shudders)

was that the number 3 that was on recently ? comeone ! once you get over the first half hour wretching, its so BAD its cult viewing ! fantastic, like when the grenade bloke is lodged in the rubber ones teeth.."wait i'll hook the grenade out" & when it explodes & the baddly animated jaw bones glide against the red backdrop...pure ART man !!!

petemaskreplica

"was that the number 3 that was on recently ?"

unfortunately, no. it was no.4.
(shudders again)

mongor2003

Worst Michael Caine film - The Swarm.
"Bees tharsands of 'em"

Quirkafleeg

"I never thought it would be the bees, they always were our friends!"