Main Menu

Top 10 tourneys - what is next

Started by broodblik, 20 June, 2020, 02:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

I will wrapping up the "The Rebellion Years Top 10 Series - Tournament" by the 30th of June. I will kick-off the "The Rebellion Years Top 10 Meg Series - Tournament" on the weekend of the 4th of July. The meg tourney will run for only 2 weeks I want to warp it up by the 19th of July.

I am planning on doing a "Galaxy's Greatest Top 10" next. The timing of this depends also when and what Colin wants to do next. I do not mind running this directly after the Meg one.

I just need some input regarding the different tourneys:

On the Meg tourney
1.    I will again exclude Judge Dredd as an option but not the Dredd movie-based series. I see this more as an alternative take on Dredd and not part of the Dredd-verse canon.
2.   I will split Anderson between the Dredd-verse canon and the Dredd movie-based canon.
3.   Additional exclusion will be any reprint material and that includes the floppies.

On the Galaxy tourney
1.   I will split Rogue Trooper in two voting options, Classic Rogue and Friday.
2.   I will also split Strontium Dog into Alpha and Feral as two options.
3.   The only exclusion will be again Judge Dredd
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

To be honest with the different formats I think these can run at the same time. The one thing I'm consious of is when I flood the General Topics area with new threads for each vote. I'm not going to change that (unless someone tells me too) as I think we get a lot more conversation that way. Just need to make sure that we don't loose sight of the single Thread you use for your votes. Need to keep bumping them (one of the reasons I've not voted yet - I've got my vote ready but I'm waiting to see if the votes dry up to give the thread a bump.

At the moment though the two types of vote sit absolutely wonderfully side by side I'd say.

broodblik

Ok I wil start the Galaxy one when the Meg one is done  :thumbsup:
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Southstreeter

Any chance of requesting a new folder for these to go into? I came back to the forum after a break and it was full of this stuff at the expense of other topics. It's a minor gripe in the great scheme of things, mind.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Southstreeter on 20 June, 2020, 07:33:21 PM
Any chance of requesting a new folder for these to go into? I came back to the forum after a break and it was full of this stuff at the expense of other topics. It's a minor gripe in the great scheme of things, mind.

Arh now this is something that did worry me a bit. At one point I considered putting them in the 'Trailer' area as that is never used. The trouble is is damned if you do damned if you don't I suspect.

I wanted to use these to stimulate chat and conversation about the comic and its worked. Cos its worked they do rather obnoxiously take over the 'General' section at the expense of other things. Broodblik's vote is so much neater!

So options.

1. Carry on as is and allow these to take centre stage but possibly at the expense of other things (or stop over thinking things to put it another way!)

2. Can any Mods rename say the Trailer section Votes / Polls and Trailers - rather than create a new structure - then I could just have a single post per round driving folks there.

3. Just stick um in the Trailer section anyway to they don't clog up The General area and figure folks will find them anyway using 'Active Topics' (fingers crossed) or 'Unread Posts' (as I use).

Oh I'll be keeping this one as is as they'll only be 3 or 4 new threads at this point.

Any thoughts

Bolt-01

Whereas I always view the board through the 'Active Topics' function, that way everything is in the order it was posted.