Main Menu

Round 1: 8 - Alan Hebden or John Tomlinson - Ultimate Not Wagner Tourney

Started by Colin YNWA, 01 June, 2020, 06:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Another veteran and this time in a vote with a writer who only narrowly missed having to qualify due to the keen eye for actually updating things of AlexF. Meltdown man or Armoured Gideon?

Alan Hebden - http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=droid&page=profiles&choice=ALANH

OR

John Tomlinson - http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=droid&page=profiles&choice=JOHNT

What is all this nonsense you ask well we're finding out whose 2000ad (Meg and associated items) writing do you prefer? Voting - just add a comment here with whose work you prefer (and anything else you might wish to say to discuss their work). This vote closes some time early Thursday 4rd June?

Want to know more https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=46461.0

Two more Round 1 votes off start tomorrow.

broodblik

Only because of Armoured Gideon I will go with John Tomlinson
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

abelardsnazz

rogue69

sintec

Richard

Bolt-01

Dark Jimbo

This is the hardest one so far!

I love, love, love Meltdown Man. But there isn't much else in Hebden's quiver. I really like Armoured Gideon (warts and all) and likewise Mercy Heights; and those early Tor Cyan episodes with Kev Walker art remain some of my favourite Rogue-verse stories, beaten only by Cinnabar and Jaegir. So I'm voting Tomlinson.
@jamesfeistdraws

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Alan Hebden, for El Mestizo, Major Eazy, The Tower King, The Fifth Horseman, Meltdown Man, Holocaust, Mind Wars and the inescapable truth that he did his best work away from the prog, sadly.

SBT

Funt Solo

Can I tell my Spruce Girls joke again?

In the year 5073, trees have evolved into sentience. Can The Spruce Girls defeat the evil Lumber-Jack?

Introducing The Spruce Girls:

- Norway Spruce - "Let's stay frosty!"
- Weeping Spruce - "We're never gonna make it!"
- Dwarf Spruce - "You got somethin' ta say?"
- Oriental Spruce - "Wise tree bends in wind!"
- Black Spruce - "Whaddup?"

---

My vote goes to Alan Hebden, for writing what's probably the most reprinted short tale of the prog (The Amazing Maze Dumoir) and for providing Massimo Belardinelli the platform with which to win the record for longest unbroken thrill by a single artist in Meltdown Man.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Funt Solo on 01 June, 2020, 04:49:59 PM
Can I tell my Spruce Girls joke again?

I think what I'll do is 'draw' John Tomlinson and David Bishop together next time. The winner of that gets a place in ever round so you get to say it in each round as its GENIUS!

Buttonman

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Rogue Judge

Hebden, I think I enjoy Mind Wars more than I should. Although Redondo's art has a lot to do with that.