Main Menu

If DREDD is a success

Started by Beeks, 12 July, 2012, 09:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beeks

I wonder what knock on effect it will have on the Galaxies Greatest?

Will there suddenly be a big influx of prog readers?

Merchandise?

If its a success and the sequels come into fruition Can you see more of our favourite characters hitting the big screen?

Exciting times for all
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

JOE SOAP

The forum will be overrun with kids who write awesome a lot.

Mark Taylor

Quote from: Beeks on 12 July, 2012, 09:36:10 PM...Can you see more of our favourite characters hitting the big screen?

I know the usual suspects that get suggested for future movies are Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dog, Button Man (which sort of nearly got made at some point). However personally I think an excellent starting point for a new generation of 2000AD movies would be Defoe. It would translate pretty well to the big screen I think and be quite marketable to boot.

Goaty

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 July, 2012, 09:42:33 PM

Well done for became first kid to do that!  :lol:

Mark Taylor

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 July, 2012, 09:42:33 PM

We'll just have to educate them. The correct word is arsom.

DeFuzzed

Awesome! And for extra whatevah - Awesomecakes!!!!  ;)

Shucks, whatevah probably falls in the no-no list too. Sorry, Joe dude - shucks again, I bet my courgette plant dude is defo in that list. I fail so hard!

So! Yes, I definitely see more 2000AD in the cards. The unexpected thing now would be if that didn't happen. The way the mood out there seems to be now, and I don't mean after the screening - I'm talking more zeitgeisty thingabobby - it's teh right time. BUT and this might upset some, I see adaptation towards reality being the focus. Not sure how that will work out, but since I'm liking what they've done Dreddwise, I'm quite happy to go down that route with them.

JOE SOAP

Get ready for ACE TRUCKING CO. the movie.

Mark Taylor

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 July, 2012, 10:34:25 PM

Is this going to be the gritty, realistic version? :o

JOE SOAP

Mark Taylor

I don't have a suitable reaction to that.

Beeks

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 July, 2012, 10:34:25 PM

Robbie Coltraine as GBH?
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Beeks

Frank

Mark Taylor

Jason Statham as Bill Savage.

SmallBlueThing

If i were doing Invasion/Savage, i'd cast Paterson Joseph as Bill, and i'd do it as an ongoing tv series for the 9pm slot on BBC2. But that may just because i really want a third series of Survivors.

Seriously though, Joseph'd be great as Savage. He's got the right likeable/scary balance.

But Statham would be good in a film version of Harry 20 On The High Rock, even though ive never seen a single film with Statham in it and any film version of H20otHR would come across like a low-budget scifi remake of Escape from Alcatraz, obviously. Actually, wasnt that already done with Christophe Lambert back in the 80s?

Meltdown Man would cost a bomb, but id love to see it.

SBT