Main Menu

Blood of Satanus - Current Meg SPOILERS

Started by Dudley, 04 May, 2007, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

SPOILERS ahead...

Is anyone else unexpectedly loving Blood Of Satanus in the Meg?  It's so clearly sod-all to do with Dredd or the Dreddverse that I'm quite happily enjoying it on its own, lunatic merits.

By the way, rather than having another (*yawn*) debate about the merits of the script and art droid, let's just devote this thread to celebration of the most insane strip ever to grace the pages of the Mighty Meg.

Tributes, theories, favourite bits of the art - comment on them all below!  

Byron Virgo

I like the compressed judges.

Nice dinosaurs too.

Rio De Fideldo

I like the way the anti-hero who came to see his girlfriend singer in the disco walked like a lego man with really stiff legs.

thrillpowerseeker

Insane indeed it is...and I love it!!

The maniacal art is worth the price alone, each frame a twisted little window into JH's mind...

and to be honest I've never really given much of a stuff about the continuity of the Dreddverse, I prefer my Dredd Timeless

numanti

I have to admit... though I cannot follow it at all as a story, I am loving it.  I love JH's artwork as a thing to look at and go, 'Oh wow - gross!' - and Pat Mill's dialogue works with the nasty pictures -  I loved the checkout girl in part one, just because her rambling diray thing was so daft.  I am quite happy for this to be in the meg and I'll even read it twice wondering if I''ll ever get anything more out of it than, 'this is wierd, but it's funny and Hickelton's art is psychotic.'

But that's OK.  I quite like that.  

House of Usher

I don't like it at all. It's drivel.
STRIKE !!!

Byron Virgo

I think you've missed the point of the term 'celebration', David.

House of Usher

I like the way it's irredeemable drivel.
STRIKE !!!

Byron Virgo

Dark Jimbo

It's brilliant in the sense that Pat Mills seems to have gone, 'Hmm, they didn't like Blood of Satanus 2 very much. The reason, obviously, is that it simply wasn't bonkers enough. I'll make it more and more gonzo until they do.'

And it's working.
@jamesfeistdraws

maryanddavid

Didnt like the first two, but this is so mental its brilliant. For some reason it reminds me of the Dredd story in some annual drawn by John Higgins with dredd singing about how much of a bastard he is.
More please!
David