Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

With an increasing number of people commissioning pieces directly from artists it's about time they had a thread of their own.  To get the ball rolling then, here's my Kev Hopgood commission - the brief I gave him was simply 'Dredd & Tanner in a 1980s style buddy cop movie poster'.  Kev produced 2 pieces, largely due to me being an arse (REALLY sorry Kev).  He did an A3 landscape, inked with no text and a portrait, ink wash with text.

Simon Beigh

Great idea, Mark. They didn't really have a natural home on the forum. That Kev Hopgood is grand - I very much like the Dredd pose.

I'm cross-posting my Leigh Gallagher Dredd sketch here, in case others don't follow the Original Art thread, but are interested in what artists will do for commissions.

Hopefully Mr chiefy2shoes sees this thread and will post some of his forthcoming pieces once he receives them. I'm looking forward to his Ben Willsher in particular...

chiefy2shoes

Yep, The Chief has a couple up his sleeve. I have the Ben Willsher line-up piece and the possibility of a Cliff Robinson single figure commission as well but that one won't be until September (birthday present and all that jazz)

I won't clog up the thread with too much non 2000 ad stuff but did want to post this one. It's a Guardians of the Galaxy commission by Dave Stokes. Two landscape A3's and a portrait A4 totalling 105cm x 29.7cm. It's a beast. It's just been coloured by Simon Gough but I can't show that just yet. (he asked me to hold off posting it online until he finishes another colour job he's doing for a piece that was commissioned before mine. It's great though and I'll add it here when I get the go A-okay). If anyone knows a good place to get it printed, any help is appreciated.

Especially for Simeon, and apologies for those that have seen it before, here's my Gallagher commission. Brutal Sov justice!

Skullmo

Quote from: SimeonB on 13 July, 2013, 01:09:31 PM
Great idea, Mark. They didn't really have a natural home on the forum. That Kev Hopgood is grand - I very much like the Dredd pose.

I'm cross-posting my Leigh Gallagher Dredd sketch here, in case others don't follow the Original Art thread, but are interested in what artists will do for commissions.

Hopefully Mr chiefy2shoes sees this thread and will post some of his forthcoming pieces once he receives them. I'm looking forward to his Ben Willsher in particular...

Dredd looking decidedly non-camp!

Lovely stuff
It's a joke. I was joking.

hippynumber1

That Sov judge looks a right bastard!

Albion

My Dredd & Minty commission by PJ Holden.

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Albion

My Minty commission by Cliff Robinson.

Simon Beigh

Quote from: Skullmo on 13 July, 2013, 02:04:18 PM

Dredd looking decidedly non-camp!

Lovely stuff

Pub rules apply to Judge Camp, methinks ;)

Quote from: chiefy2shoes on 13 July, 2013, 01:55:55 PM

Especially for Simeon, and apologies for those that have seen it before, here's my Gallagher commission. Brutal Sov justice!

Echo The Hipster on that one, Chief, that dude looks brutal! Fabulous GotG as well - will look awesome in colour!

Albion - lovely Holden and Robinson. There's some work in that there Robinson - do you know how long it took Cliff to do?

Albion

Quote from: SimeonB on 13 July, 2013, 05:15:30 PM
Albion - lovely Holden and Robinson. There's some work in that there Robinson - do you know how long it took Cliff to do?

I can't remember how long it took Cliff but it took a few months.
He is fantastic to deal with and he really enjoyed doing it too.

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

hippynumber1

COMMANDO FORCES

Don't think I've seen that one before brother Cassidy :o

Sideshow Bob

Absolutely brilliant thread to start Mark  ....Take a bow, Sir... :D

Some wonderful commissions up already....
An amazing Cliff Robinson 'Minty' piece....Albion.....Just awesome, and the detail !!....Well done on that one !!..
Also really liking the Leigh Gallagher,  Dredd 'sketch' SimeonB.....If that's just a 'sketch' I'm a monkeys' uncle !!!...Just Brilliant !!
Mr blackmocco.....Words fail me on your Kevin O'Neill  Nemesis piece.....You Lucky, lucky man !!!...
I imagine Hippynumber1 is already 'lusting' after that as he's quite partial to a bit of Nemesis....

I'm adding my Mongrol commission piece by the amazingly talented ( and member of this forum ) Bob Molesworth who did this for me after I saw it in the March Art Competition........Needless to say it won that Months' competition amidst some spectacular entries.......His entry was digital,  but he kindly agreed to do me a fully hand painted version,  based on his digital line drawing.......and I love it !!

Really looking forward to seeing more commissions....but I'm afraid the 'wallet' might suffer when I see the standard of commissions available....
Cheers

" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

ming

Quote from: blackmocco on 13 July, 2013, 06:05:26 PM
My pride and joy...

That really is amazing; something I'll never tire of looking at.  I remember you posting this before so I dug out the link to the thread as it had some interesting background stuff  :lol:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?topic=33037.0

Sideshow Bob

Hadn't seen that piece before, Ming...
And big thanks for posting that link to allow us to read blackmoccos' 'background' story about it ....
Great stuff..... :lol:

It's also very reassuring to know that other people also do 'react' strangely,  when they meet / speak to someone whose work they have admired greatly for years....
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890