Main Menu

iPhone games

Started by bluemeanie, 26 April, 2010, 09:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

Before I go on about any, gotta tell you about a very cool site.... no, really, not spam, just cool

www.freeappaday.com

Basically in order to bump games up the rating system, companies offer the paid ones free for 24hrs to get a shit load of downloads and reviews. This site tracks them.
In the last week I got Heavy Gunner, Battle Bears : Zombies, and Marine Sharpshooter ... the last two of which are still free at time of this post. Gunner is back to its 1.79 price tag.

Anyway, still far and away my fave is Doodle Jump which is all kinds of addictive. I was also recommended Angry Birds which is a bit too much fun and is actually making the wife consider an iphone whereas before she didnt see the point of having one.
Others I play a lot are Poker Superstars 3, Dragons Lair and Pocket God

WoD

I think there's an app (Pandorasbox IIRC) that will do something similar as well.  Useful.

bluemeanie

Todays freebie game for 24hrs...

Super Turbo Action Pig

http://freeappaday.com/app.php?day=27&month=04

Devons Daddy

sometimes, your posts are magnifcent, others merely brillant.
this one tops the list.
bloody master stroke!

just convinced wife she needs an itouch, further still suggested she take my 16 gig, and buy a new 64gig one to replace mine.

i am sure i will have to accept the purchase of a new prada itouch pouch to clove her new toy in, but i get the 64G, so its a worthy trade. 
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

bluemeanie

Todays free one looks like a rip of the old GTA games.
Just downloading now

http://freeappaday.com/app.php?day=04&month=05

zombemybabynow

Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Pete Wells

Hey Bluemeanie, check out freeappalert.com, it has about 20+ free apps per day, it's cracking!

bluemeanie

Awesome find, thanks man!
Even more crap to clog up my phone with   :lol:

Kerrin

I knew there was a thread for this somewhere. Great links fellas. I only got my first Jabscreen at the weekend and I'm already addicted to Angry Birds, Cut the Rope and Doodle Jump. GAH.

Dead Zone is pretty damn decent too.

mogzilla

not got an iphone, just a normal mobile,i play  quadrapop but want a decent pool game.

WoD

bluemeanie

My current iphone addiction is Fruit Ninja... current score 317 if anyone's interested

On the ipad though I'm all about Worlds of Goo and am trying Dead Space but struggling to get to grips with the virtual control sticks

James Stacey

Fruit ninja is great .. I've only had it a few days though so I'm only on 181

radiator

I had an HTC phone for a little while, but returned it after being thoroughly unimpressed with the selection of games, battery life (which wouldn't even last a full day at work!), glitches and most of all the reception (phone cutting off in the middle of business calls is not cool!).

Got an iPhone 4 instead and it's a truly amazing bit of kit. I've downloaded a fair few apps and games so far (imo the app store makes the Android market look like a shabby market stall in comparison!), namely:

Angry Birds
Cut the Rope (ingenious and charming puzzle game)
Dead Space (Amazing graphics, barely played it so far though!)
Doodle Jump (addictive minigame - like a more polished version of Android's Abduction)
Doom Classic (Port of the original Doom - fiddly controls, but still plays great once you get to grips with it)
Fruit Ninja
Infinity Blade (Stunning looking sword combat game - looking forward to getting my teeth into it)
Monkey Island SE (Remake of the PC/Amiga classic - the first two Monkey games are among my all time favourites - I tend to play through them every 5 years or so, I'll probably end up getting the sequel at some point)
Plants Vs Zombies (Sort of a tower defense type game - looks very cool)
Rolando (Gorgeous puzzly platformer that reminds me a bit of Lemmings)
Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor (Very cool-looking action adventure game)
Bookworm (Addictive word-based puzzle game by the makers of Peggle)
The Incident (Amusing action game with cool retro graphics, probably won't hold my interest for long)
Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP (Intriguing and stylish-looking game, yet to play it much)
Zenonia and Zenonia 2 (Zelda-like RPGs, currently going for a bargain 59p each)

Matt Timson

I love my iPhone. I'd probably kill rather than give it up to a mugger.
Pffft...