Main Menu

iPhone games

Started by bluemeanie, 26 April, 2010, 09:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

You just want an opportunity to kill a mugger.  ;)
STRIKE !!!

Matt Timson

There may be some truth to this...
Pffft...

radiator

QuoteI love my iPhone. I'd probably kill rather than give it up to a mugger.

I bit the bullet and got it insured. It's a massive pain to pay out an extra £14 a month, but the thought of getting mugged (not outside the realms of possibility round where I work and hang out) or dropping/misplacing it and having to shell out for a new one is too much for me.

This, coupled with the fact that all my apps/photos etc are synced to my iTunes account should mean that it would only be a minor inconvenience to lose the phone itself.

Was at a family event today, getting lots of oohs and ahhs demonstrating the Hipstamatic camera app - it's scarily easy to turn into one of those people isn't it?  :D

The Enigmatic Dr X

Plants v Zombies

That is all
Lock up your spoons!

radiator

Had a proper go on Superbrothers: Sword and Sorcery this morning, and wow - it's really impressive. Absolutely gorgeous retro-modern graphics, and the audio side of things is equally as impressive (you'll need a decent set of headphones to get the most out of it).

About as cool as a videogame can be - could well join the likes of Ico and Rez in the list of arty/trendy games with real substance - though i imagine that as with the aforementioned, some people won't quite 'get' it...

Banners

Quote from: radiator on 23 April, 2011, 11:33:44 PM
I had an HTC phone for a little while, but returned it after being thoroughly unimpressed

So instead of turning off the way Flash was automatically downloaded in order to increase the battery life of your HTC, you decided to turn off Flash altogether...?

;-)

radiator

Tried the Flash/HTC thing - didn't seem to work.

Perhaps I'm naive, but what exactly am I missing out on without Flash? The iPhone seems to do everything I need it to...

IndigoPrime

You're missing out on loads of choppy video and tons of games that don't work on touchscreens. HOW WILL YOU COPE?

Also! Buy Forget-Me-Not, 'cause it's brill.

Matt Timson

Quote from: radiator on 24 April, 2011, 06:52:21 PM
QuoteI love my iPhone. I'd probably kill rather than give it up to a mugger.

I bit the bullet and got it insured. It's a massive pain to pay out an extra £14 a month, but the thought of getting mugged (not outside the realms of possibility round where I work and hang out) or dropping/misplacing it and having to shell out for a new one is too much for me.

This, coupled with the fact that all my apps/photos etc are synced to my iTunes account should mean that it would only be a minor inconvenience to lose the phone itself.

Was at a family event today, getting lots of oohs and ahhs demonstrating the Hipstamatic camera app - it's scarily easy to turn into one of those people isn't it?  :D

I avoid being one of those people by being even worse and showing my work on it instead...
Pffft...

radiator

Yeah, I've done that too.  :-[

Richmond Clements

Two things:

FallDown. Fall crack more like it.

Also- what's the app I need to read this board?

Kerrin

DrJomster

Tapatalk makes the forums as easy to check as twitter. Great, but doesn't always lead to maximum productivity at work...  :o
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Richmond Clements

radiator

I use Tapatalk, but I do wish it had an 'Active Topics' button, which is pretty much all I use when browsing on a desktop. I find browsing through the topics without it a bit of a chore...

Currently addicted to Plants Vs Zombies, though with strategy games I tend to hit a point where my brain can't handle the escalating complexity and I give up - so I'm dreading that moment. My girlfriend and I are also playing a lot of Fruit Ninja - especially the arcade mode, where I currently hold the top score of 414.

QuoteI bit the bullet and got it insured. It's a massive pain to pay out an extra £14 a month, but the thought of getting mugged (not outside the realms of possibility round where I work and hang out) or dropping/misplacing it and having to shell out for a new one is too much for me.

Suspected I might have been fleeced, and as a result had a look for alternative policies online - cancelled the original policy and now I pay £5.75 a month instead - much more reasonable.